Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Visiting the Saints



    Today was another visitation day at the church and we went to visit Christy and Betty Tabor.  Betty is a widow and Christy is her daughter. Betty and their family were missionaries in Africa for years. Betty is a widow and served as an elder of the church at one time. Today she told us about a sermon series about using your giftedness to glorify God. 
   Betty made six stained glass windows in our sanctuary.  She taught our Tim how to make stained glass and Tim made a beautiful window over the door at Interyear. 
   I know Christy much better than her mom as we were in a Bible Study together for several years.  Christy just had a birthday so I will send her one of my homemade cards as I know they will appreciate time and talent over store-bought sentiments.
    I am really enjoying the visitation group.  Linda Lawson had the devotional, and she shared some letters written by her parents to each other before they were married.  It made me cry.  What a wonderful gift to know about your parents.
   I know my mom wrote her mother every week when she got married.  I tried to write mom weekly when she was in the nursing home about some of the memories I had while growing up. She thought they were nice stories but had no idea that she was my mother. 

post signature

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com