Monday, January 15, 2024

Chatty Kathy


This is the original Chatty Cathy Doll that came out in 1960. My name is Kathleen and I have always spelled my name with a "K".  I was born in l949, and this doll came on the toy market when I was probably my chattiest.  This girl has always been Chatty even if it meant I talked to myself.  I was 10 years old when this doll hit the market and boy, did I ever get teased about it.  

It doesn't bother me anymore and I usually sign my cards and letters to the many people I write as Chatty Kathy.  I write several people that I have never met who are on the prayer chain at church.  The Chatty part of me is who I am.  So why not flaunt it.  If you know me, you will know that I am very chatty even with strangers.  So, if you get one of my homemade cards just consider yourself part of my family.  I make my own cards and print them because they are easier to read, and I can change parts of my letter to correspond with who I am writing. It makes it more personalized and much more legible than my penmanship.

It used to make me mad being called Chatty Kathy, but it's endearing now, and definitely a name I have earned.  So, this Chatty Kathy will flaunt it and carry on.


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com