Monday, February 01, 2010

happy birthday Beeks!

Today is your birthday, Becky. It's cold and snowy here today and reminds me of your birth. You were very considerate to be born between blizzards. Had you come on your due date, dad might have had to deliver you and that would have been traumatic for all of us. I remember holding you in my arms and thinking you were the sweetest baby in the world. It amazed me how instantaneously we both fell in love with your sweet face and little smiles (I don't believe for a moment it was gas pains!) Everything you did was an adventure. We were your captivated audience and cheerleaders. You were always the first to lead the way, first to break the rules, first to try the boundaries, first to be brokenhearted by injustices, and first to pick out your own books and your own clothes. Dad used to call you "his girl" but looking back now I'm sure you were always your own person, unique and fiercely independent. I marveled at your determination in sports and academics. Looking back now, I don't remember a single challenge you didn't face, head on and overcome. I admire that in you, even though I don't always understand or approve. You are very opinionated and boldly go all out to let your opinion be known (very much like another person I live with). I'm glad you have strong morals and convictions. I love that you live life with passion. In many ways, you are the child most like your mother, and also least like your mother. What an amazing enigma. Know that I love and adore you my "We, Can Do It" girl. Happy Birthday, Babe. Momma

3 comments:

becky said...

Thanks, momma. I'm having an awful day (I guess mamas don't get to celebrate birthdays), and it was nice to read your post! Love ya.

b

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Birthdays...yes Feb has lots and lots of them..famous people and then there was Becky and myself. This is the birthday that has not been one that I have looked forward too but I must remember that it is just a number!! Hope all is well there. You guys have had a lot of snow this year. We just get the rain..Thank you God!!

Sandy

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to Becky! Reading her comment, she was having an awful day so I do hope it got better as the day wore on:-) xoxo

 
design by suckmylolly.com