Friday, January 29, 2010

Yes, I know it's Friday


13 Things I want to accomplish this year!

My daughter Suzy recently came up with 101 things she wanted to do in the next 1001 days. You go girl! I 'm not sure my brain can come up with 101 things to do so I'll settle with 13 for now...and yes I know it's Friday but I had to really think about these okay?

  1. Go to the Philadelphia Flower Show....I noticed it was listed in the book "1000 places to go before you die" so if it's good enough to make the book it's good enough for me. Fortunately it's on Suzy's list too and she already talked to her dad about going with them some time the first week in March. To my surprise and delight he said "Yes".
  2. Boston in the Spring ...we talked about going all last year and it never happened. I would really love to take the walking tour and have been researching things to see. Let's see if we can pull it off this year.
  3. Fly to Canada to see my grand girl Emma...this Diva can't go a whole year without seeing her Emma. We have talked about being "fair weather grandparents" . Emma's birthday is in January so we have talked about celebrating her half birthday in July with her. It would be something unique we could do with her that no one else does.
  4. Get below 200 pounds....I'm flirting with it now so it wouldn't take much effort to finally get to "One-der Land". I would like to lose more but it's the goal for now.
  5. Read all the Percy Jackson and the Olympians books with Mr. Wonderful. We already have read 3 or the 5 and have enjoyed them. We take turns reading a chapter to each other. It's a fun way to enjoy a book together.
  6. Make our annual pilgrimage to Savannah....our main support comes from friends and Savannah Christian Church. We go back every year to visit small groups, the missions committee and friends to give updates and encourage groups to come work with us. We need to schedule a date soon. If it's not on the calendar it just doesn't happen.
  7. Go to the TECH conference May 20-22, at Epworth by the Sea, St. Simons Island, Ga....TECH stands for Technical Exchange for Christian Healthcare and was established 20 years ago with the vision of spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ while improving the quality of healthcare in the developing world. It's a great way to network with other Christian missions.
  8. Add some new recipes to the 4, I already know. It seems like we eat the same thing all the time. I need to add healthy recipes and prefect them to our likes and needs.
  9. Turn our guest bedroom into a work out room when not needed for guests. I want to put my stationery bike in there along with other exercise equipment. I know I would use it more especially in the winter months.
  10. Get rid of my fat clothes...and bring down the next two sizes for incentive. Holding on to my fat clothes makes it possible for backsliding and I to look forward to fitting into smaller clothes.
  11. Lean down the contents of the Attic....We moved lots of stuff that we shouldn't have when we left Savannah. Now, after 6 years I can let go of it....it doesn't fit in with our lifestyle anymore and needs to be moved out.
  12. Spend a few days with baby sister in Chicago....I haven't seen her very cute apartment or met " the boy" in her life. I need to make it a priority this year even if it means going by myself ( I hate doing things by myself!)
  13. Go on a road trip with my wild and crazy friend Melli.....she's invited me on a cross country trip, we haven't settled on time, or cost or logistics but I so want to go! I've got a silly grin on face just thinking about it!

5 comments:

Amber Star said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun things to do in the coming months. Have a blast!

Bonnie said...

Maybe that's what I need to do in order to lose more weight. I've lost enough that I'm very comfortable in my clothes, even though I'm not at the size I want to be. Maybe if I put some smaller ones in front of me, I would be motivated to continue.
Loved your list!

Merrie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog... I have had to make my blog "private" b/c of a stalker. Will you send me your email address so I can "invite" you? Thanks. merrieposey@yahoo.com
Blessings~

Melli said...

Man! I wish I could fill a calendar like YOU fill a calendar! Boston, Canada, Chicago, Georgia, Philadelphia, and cross country. WHEN, exactly, are you planning to WORK this year??? I think I need to get a job at the mission! LOL! Just so I can have as much time OFF as you do!!! (yeaaaaa... whatever...)

Susie came up with 101 things she wants to accomplish in 3 YEARS??? That's a LOT of stuff! Oh yea... she's young... energetic... GO SUSIE!

I think a half year birthday is a fabulous idea! Every kid should have one! But only a DIVA's kid gets one!

Ladybug Crossing said...

Boston in the spring? You'd best wait until mid May... it's cold up there, you know.
:-)
xoxo
LBC

 
design by suckmylolly.com