Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Random Dozen


1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you? I'm pretty mellow so I would give myself a 4. However, it doesn't take
a lot of encouragement to get me to express my frustrations.

2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response? I'm a good listener. At the mission I sometimes think I should post a sign on my door that says...."Psychiatric Help 5 cents". ( hmm....maybe I should have given myself a 6 on the first question.) Most of the time the person just needs someone to vent to and reassurance that their response was valid. Listening involves assessing their body language, tone, inflections, affect and trying to hear what they are really saying.

3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything? I need to go through my emails, and organize the folders on my computer at work. I've also got a room by room cleaning process I'm working up to (those kind of things can't be rushed!)

And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie's Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!

4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent? I rarely wear perfume but if I do it's always Shalimar. It reminds me of vanilla and I'm a very vanilla person. It's light and reminds me of baked goods....need I say more?

5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year? Clean off the table and other drop zones in my house that attract clutter, mail, papers etc.

6. What is your favorite comic strip? Pickles....especially the older I get.
Pickles

7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow? Fluffy, and I also travel with it...I'm a pillow snob.

8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color? Light blue....it's restful, and matched my plates.

9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen? Disclaimer: I saw this on a car bumper and it really made me laugh.

10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?) I'm a Staples black ink pen snob. It's cheap, it writes well and the ink flows well. It actually makes my handwriting look better! Who knew? Not to mention that I lose pens frequently.

11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)? Baking

12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?

"you and I are going to go round and round if you do....."
I never really knew what that meant but I know it wasn't good and it wasn't something I wanted to find out.



9 comments:

Melli said...

Man! That last one sounds like a trip to the woodshed to me! WHOA!

I SO agree that cleaning can't be rushed! Unless it's Thursday morning and the maids will be here in 2 hours! Then I can either get all the Christmas boxes back down to the basement - or let my carpets collect another week of dust! LOL! They've given up on trying to clean my desk! I finally just told them that IT is off limits and I will take care of it myself... someday! Because yea -- SOME things really CAN'T be rushed! :)

See, here's the thing. If you're a Mom that LIKES to bake, then any kid will give you a two rating on the complain-o-meter!

Angie said...

Fun answers!

When you said Psychiatric Help 5 Cents I thought Peanuts would be your fave cartoon...Lucy and her booth! I like Pickles too.

I have an Aunt who wore Shalimar in the 70's. Whenever I smell it I think of her. (I thought she was cool, btw.)

I'm a fluffy pillow snob too; I do not travel without my pillow.

Like # 12!

Amy said...

I like the bumper sticker and your comic strip. Too funny!!

Great answers

Amy

Amber Star said...

It is always so calming to come here and read your posts. They are calm and serene.

I have always..well, since I got a crick in my neck from some motel pillow, taken my own pillow with me. There have been a few times we had to turn around and rescue it, but I put a colorful pillow case on it so I can spot it easily.

About the getting baby, hissy fit mad..well, it has happened, but usually I'm fairly laid back. If I don't click with someone, there are others who might like to play. There are few things that get me riled up anymore. Well, of course injustices, but not so much on a personal level.

I didn't go round and round with my parents much. I left when I was 16. God has been looking out for me for a long time now.

Ms. Lucy, thanks for the respite from a rushing world. I'm on a ten year plan to get this room cleaned. All the others are, but this one just will not stay that way.

Norma said...

I think I'll answer these at my blog. Looks like fun, and our answers will be totally different! Is this a regular feature? I was looking for a TT.

http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/01/thursday-thirteen-rerun-edition.html

Norma said...

What fun. Thanks.

http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/01/random-dozen-from-lazy-daisy.html

CrAzY Working Mom said...

The pickles cartoon made me chuckle. It is something I would most definitely do to my husband. He falls asleep SO easily and it takes me forever and all noises seem to keep me awake. *LOL*

Linda said...

Enjoyed reading your random dozen. I'm trying to get back to blogging. I've missed everyone in blogland.

Carole Burant said...

I'm still giggling at that bumper sticker! lol I always enjoy learning more about you:-) We don't get the Pickles comic strip over here which is a shame because from that one comic you posted, it's quite funny! lol xoxo

 
design by suckmylolly.com