Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow.....definitely a White Christmas



These are the snow people that Mr. Wonderful surprised me with last summer. The surprise is that I found them again for Christmas. I love snowmen. Mr. Wonderful says I have a thing for "fluffy white men" and he's glad because he is one of them.


Yesterday the snow started falling. I personally love to watch the snow especially if I don't have to be out in it. Mr. Wonderful has made some treks out to put wood in the firebox so we have great heat and we are warm and toasty inside our little nest.

At 10 a.m. we had already had 16 inches. Here's some pictures of our back yard.



You can see the accumulation on the bird feeder! It looks so beautiful and serene. Mr. Wonderful is such a softy he made sure the birds had plenty of food.

All church services have been canceled for tomorrow so it looks like we will be watching Dr. Charles Stanley tomorrow morning on the TV.






Here's a picture of our Christmas Country Santa wreath. There are farm animals as well as Santa in Overalls on it. It goes well with our little country cottage.

Living in a small town has its advantages. Santa comes to our door in a firetruck every year. Our Oscar loves fire trucks so I can hardly wait for him to spend Christmas with us so he can see our friendly firemen Santa.



Here's our front porch decorations. It's very striking with the white snow on the ground right now.










No snow pictures are complete without a picture of our favorite grand daughter Emma laughing on a sled. Hope you are enjoying your snow days.

4 comments:

Amber Star said...

You and Melli got LOTS AND LOTS of snow. Maybe sometime we will, too.
Snow in Texas is sort of magical. I think it is magical anywhere, but here especially.

Ladybug Crossing said...

The first few inches of snow are magical... The next 20 - not so much...

Melli said...

Six would have been enough for me! Just enough to cover everything... ya know? I don't think we'll get out the back door for about a week! It DOES get sun all day though - so might go quicker... depends what the temps do this week I guess! I'm fairly enjoying it though... I'm good for Christmas, so other than grocery shopping I don't have to go anywhere. Looks like you guys are doing well too! I've made sure my birdies were well fed too! That's what I LOVE MOST about Mr. Wonderful! He's wonderful - ya know? :) Love you too!

purple_kangaroo said...

I absolutely love the sled picture! Llaughing grandbabies are the best.

 
design by suckmylolly.com