Friday, December 18, 2009

Coming up for air....

She's back! Yep, I'm coming up for air from my Christmas seclusion. All the Christmas letters are out,( I've written so many Christmas letters for staff at the mission that I'm not sure who I'm talking for at any given time.)

My gifts are all mailed out (about 30 including friends and family.) My advent calendars arrived late but many of my friends use them for decorations until after Christmas anyway. My Tea Cups filled with various teas and pithy sentiments from me ended up being "Emergency Stress Relievers "instead of Advent Calendars.





My Christmas decorations are up.....our tree gets smaller every year with just the two of us. Pictures of our grands dominate the tree including a small hand print of baby Oz that his mommy made us last Christmas.

Our Canadians got their Advent Ribbon just to find out that some of the gifts had been opened .....(hopefully yogurt covered raisins and Hello Kitty socks aren't illegal in Canada.) They didn't open all of them so my labors weren't entirely wasted! You can bigify the picture to see the details of each little package on the ribbon.


Would you believe I was in such a hurry to get my gifts mailed that I forgot to take a picture of my tea cups? I stole this picture from Melli...(guess it was a good idea that I sent her one.) I love nothing better than sitting down with a good friend and catching up on our lives over a hot cup of tea or a steaming cup of coffee ( with peppermint mocha creamer!) I figured this way they would know how much I really miss each and every one of them.


My Christmas shopping is done. Now comes the part I love best. Just sitting here in my little nest, enjoying the Christmas music, great smells from cookies baking in the oven, curled up with a good book in my favorite chair with a great cup of tea watching the predicted foot of snow coming down with no place I have to be.

I love Christmas for all the right reasons!

3 comments:

Melli said...

The first showing of our Christmas Cantata is Sunday night... the one I have 3 parts in! I told Dennis if I can't get out for Sunday MORNING service... FINE! But I BETTER be able to get out by Sunday evening! We are in the 10-20 inch range last I checked. But Dennis said he saw we are in the 15-20. OY! However... if the Cantata gets cancelled for Sunday night, then I'm all good! LOL!

Isn't that sad that even Christmas gifts have to be opened going across the boarder. I mean... I UNDERSTAND it... but it's just sad.

One of these years I'm going to acquire the nerve to switch to a littie tree! It's adorable!

Melli said...

I am back!

Laziest Daisy of them all... YOU are soooooooooo BAD!!! I can not BELIEVE you trudged through the snow and the muck alllllllllllllll the way over to my blog -- I know it took you HOURS to get here, and you only STAYED long enough to STEAL my picture and NOT EVEN (not even is in CAPITAL letters by the way)NOT EVEN leave me a comment! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh! Some people...

I LOVE YOU! ;p

Amber Star said...

You are way ahead of me in the finishing up department. Glad ya got time to sit and enjoy. Maybe that is what I've been doing, but in smaller doses.

 
design by suckmylolly.com