Saturday, February 28, 2009

the cat threw up on your socks....


Yes, I know no one has heard from me in over week but I have recently received some new responsibilities at the mission that have taken a lot of my energy and my time.

I'm working (with my very talented daughter) on a website for Equipping The Saints. I'm responsible for content and layout and she's responsible for making it look good and telling me what I want! Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Of course it will mean lots of collaborating and I would suspect a visit or two to New York might be in order. Oh, the sacrifices I make !

The last week and a half have flown by in a flurry of activities. Most of it has to do with writing newsletters, and promotional materials for the mission. We have been blessed to have had some volunteer groups come in to help with moving monitors,and sorting and boxing medical linens .


I've noticed that most of the books I read for fun have food in them. So I thought I should look for some light reading not based on food. I love mysteries so I found this series by Janis Harrison based on another one of my passions ....gardening.

It was a fun read but wouldn't you know it....the heroine, sleuth, and professional florist also has just lost 100 pounds and is very conscious about everything she eats. So it appears I can't get away from food even in fiction.


One of our greatest pleasures has been a weekly visit via Skype with our Emma. We love to watch her blowing kisses and she gets so excited to see her "Bop-pop and Dita." We sing silly songs, show her great treasures we've discovered, clamp for her and get to watch her grow up before our very eyes. She thinks that we live in the box (the computer monitor) on her Mommy's desk. Yesterday, Miss Emma initiated the visit by sitting in her chair, with her puzzle board that we gave her for her birthday and pointing at the monitor saying our names.

We've been having a weekly Bible Study that we host and lead. The nice thing about this study is getting to know the three other couples better. It gives me incentive to clean, vacumn and dust the house knowing that we have company coming. (I hate to waste a good clean!) I shall miss it when we disband in April.

The rest of time has been spent doing such mundane activites like laundry, shopping, fixing meals, baking and cleaning. Mr. Wonderful woke me up this morning with a hot cup of coffee and by saying, "oh by the way, the cat threw up on your socks.

It could be worse.....I looked up the words "Unfortunately, Kathy...." and I found out others are having a worse day than I am. See for yourself.

Unfortunately, Kathy did not survive. The infection took over her body and she passed away a few days later. ( and I thought my week was bad!)
Unfortunately, Kathy's priorities have not included planning for the future -(Hmm....maybe they are talking about me?)
Unfortunately, Kathy suffered damage to her hearing and her music career was cut short.
( Who knew I had a music career?)
Unfortunately, Kathy began to plateau in her weigh loss and realized that the changes she was seeking would demand an adjustment to her lifestyle. (Hmm....it sure sounds like me!)
Unfortunately, Kathy is still not feeling 100%. Hopefully she will fully recover by tomorrow.
( I've been hoping for that for years now!)

Hope all is well in your world. I'll be by to visit soon

7 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I am so happy to hear that all is well in your world..now send some of that "Well stuff" here okay??? Mike is still not working..He is hoping for one job this week. Bills will be heading our way really soon since this is the 1st!!
We loved last night as Madison was baptized and it was the BEST time of my life!!
See you guys soon..Sandy

Jane said...

What a wonderful update. I enjoyed it immensely. You have been a busy little bee haven't you?
Warren and I enjoy getting your newsletter and particularly enjoyed reading about the Bibles going to Venezuela. How wonderful.
I know you must enjoy seeing Emma with skype. Isn't technology amazing?
Your prayers are SO appreciated and am love you for it. Have a great week my friend.

Talk..to..Grams said...

I love reading your post! I bet you do love watching your little Emma on the computer. I heard you were going on down and vist Sandy! She is SO looking forward to your visit!! Hugs, Grams

Linda said...

You have been a busy girl! I'm going to have to check into skype. Seeing the grands over the Internet would be better than not at all.

Dr.John said...

Always happy to read about people involved in ministry.
Sounds like a great way to visit with a far away grandchild.

Amber Star said...

So glad to know you have been busy as a bee and enjoying it. Too funny about the sock and the cat. It could have been worse and been your shoe. :)

Carole Burant said...

I was just about ready to send a tall, dark, handsome Mountie to go look for you...oh, you still want me to send him?? hehe So good to see you posting and to learn that all is well in your life...just busy:-) How wonderful that you get to interact with Emma via Skype, I'll have to ask Shawn & Wendy to do that with Lily for me! I've only gotten 2 pictures in the last month and a half so I'm not too impressed...grrrrr! Wait until next weekend, I'll take tons of pictures myself of her! hehe xoxo

 
design by suckmylolly.com