Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ten on Tuesday...!0 Memorable Momments in 2008


10 Most Memorable Events in 2008 from the Daisy Patch





10. Charlie's Broken Toe: Late November Charlie accidentally dropped a 100 plus pound volley ball standard on his Left great toe. He lost the toe nail, had stitches, and ended up with steel toed safety shoes and a big ER bill. We almost got through the year injury free!






9. A mini family reunion with Mr. Wonderful's family in Richmond, Virginia. His sister Anne was visiting from Kansas and we met up with his two brothers James, and Jay in Richmond. Mr. Wonderful is the baby of the family.




8. A mini family reunion with my family in Alabama in October. We were able to travel to my sister's home and enjoy a long weekend with her family. My mom and other sister from Chicago came with us.






7. The Summer Visit of our Canadians. Three weeks of travel, family, Emma, Strawberries, the Bronx Zoo, wading pools, bubbles, and a backyard swing. Followed by a sad parting and the long ache until the next visit.













6. My Birthday this past November and my "surprise" visitors....Melli and Mother-in-law that just popped in from Maryland. My day went from not so special, to so much fun hated to see it end kind of day. Thank you Melli, and Louise for making my day special and thanks to my neighbor and good friend Beckie for adding to the fun.







5. Our 35th Wedding Anniversary that we spent in Philadelphia. We stayed downtown in the historical district and did all the tourist things. This picture is a fountain with a statue that says "Love" . I like to call this picture "us in love". We rarely take off and go on vacation just to see a new area so it was fun and a great get-away that I will always remember.





4. Our Christmas Gathering in New York. This is a picture of Emma and me making cut out cookies. She liked eating the dough but she got the concept really quickly. I bought her a small rolling pin and small Christmas cutters. She especially liked eating the icing. I love having the family together on holidays. We feel really blessed to have had everyone in New York except Jerry who was working in Canada.





3. My lap band surgery in February. It has allowed me to lose 60 pounds so far and counting. It has given me more energy to chase after my grands and taken a lot of pain and loss of mobility off my knee. It was such a life changing gift.








2. The Divine Miss "Em's" first birthday. In a year full of firsts it was a thrill to celebrate her first birthday even if we were in Virginia. What a blessing to have had her in our life for an entire year. Her second birthday is coming up soon. We have been blessed to see the first of our children's children.









1. The birth of our first grand son Oscar (also known by his Diva as the great and mighty Oz). I am currently staying a whole month with him so I may be some what biased . We had many blessings in 2008. We are so blessed with friends and family. Thank you to all of you who have added value to our life just by your presence.

5 comments:

Melli said...

Yes you have most INDEEDLY been blessed this past year! And you are getting so skinny you're just going to disappear! I'm sO proud of you!

Jane said...

God really did bless you socks off in 2008! You are richly deserving of them all.

Amber Star said...

I remember when the Canadians came and all the fun you had. I guess you had the lap band surgery before I met you. Sometimes it seems very tempting to me.

Happy New Year and I hope it is at least as good as the past one. :)

Jennifer said...

I could tell you were losing weight but I had no idea you'd lost 60 pounds. I am SO PROUD FOR YOU...that is AWESOME!!

Carole Burant said...

So many wonderful blessings you had in 2008, definitely a year that you will look back on with a smile:-)

Wishing you and yours all the very best that 2009 has to offer, dear Daisy. xoxo

 
design by suckmylolly.com