Monday, December 15, 2008

Finally finished.....

All the gifts have been wrapped and sent out. All the Christmas letters have been written ( I wrote one for the mission and for all the guys individually). The decorations are up. I've been getting rid of lots of clothes that no longer fit or things I don't really like and taking them to the mission. Now it's just a count down till we leave for New York to spend time with the rest of the family.

Turns out that I will be spending a month in New York. I won't be back till January 19th. Suzy needs a baby sitter for Oscar for two weeks starting January5th. So you know some one has to make the sacrifice and stay with him. I'm so excited to be spending some quality time with the newest man in my life even though I'll be missing Mr. Wonderful.

The rest of this week we are finishing up projects at the mission. I have a major project that I can work on with my lap top while I'm gone so I feel better about being away.

Wednesday, daughter Becky successfully defended her Masters Thesis. We are so proud of her and her achievement. We are excited to see both of our girls this week. They will be flying into New York City on Thursday. We would appreciate your prayers for them. I'm sure Becky will be exhausted trying to keep a toddler entertained in close quarters of a plane.

I hope to be posting more now that the big push is over. I've missed you!

3 comments:

Melli said...

WOW! Congrats to Becky!!! That is huge! Well done!

You get to spend two weeks ALONE with that baby? Already? Oh my goodness! Suzy's gonna MISS that wee boy! TWO WEEKS? WOW! Lucky Diva!

Seems like cuz I have LESS to do this year, I put it off til the last minute! I don't even have all my CARDS sent out yet! LOL! I have only wrapped Luz's stuff so far.... I have to wrap all the stocking stuffers yet...

YellowRose said...

Congratulations to Becky, that's such a major accomplishment! I know Big D couldn't wait to have that over with! We had another graduation in our family this past weekend, our future DIL received her BS in Finance from Univ. Of N. Texas.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday together!!

Jane said...

YEA!!!! Two whole weeks with your 'other man'! That is so awesome. I know you and Oscar will have a wonderful time. Lots of long talks and cuddles. It will be wonderful.
Congrats to Becky. That is a HUGE accomplishment and I know you are very proud.
I hope you all have a truly blessed Christmas. Love you to pieces!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com