Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thursday Thirtenn....The difference between the North and the South



The difference between the North and the South - at last, clearly explained...!!!


The North has Bloomingdale's, the South has Dollar General.



The North has Coffee Houses, the South has Waffle Houses.



The North has dating services, the South has family reunions .



The North has switchblade knives; the South has Lee Press-on Nails.



The North has double last names; the South has double first names.

The North has Mount Rushmore: the South has Stone Mountain



The North has Indy car races; The South has stock car races.

The North has Eclairs; the South has Moon Pies.

The North has Cream of Wheat, the South has grits.



The North has green salads, the South has collard greens.



The North has lobsters, the South has crawfish.



The North has the rust belt; the South has the Bible Belt.


The North has laptop computers; in the South a laptop is where the cat sits.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


13 comments:

Jane said...

AMEN, God Bless the South!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love some grits.

The south has more fun. Thats why the northers retire here. -grin-

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the Waffle House.

jeannie said...

(lol)
Those are good, and TRUE!

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Lol...those are really good! Happy TT!

Unknown said...

LOL I love #13 Happy T13!

Anonymous said...

wow! interesting facts.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Hmm being a Northerner transplanted into the South 25 years ago I wonder about a few of those but think i will embrace them ALL

Lori said...

LOL...great list...I guess that makes from the North. Life would be a lot easier if it was the South:) Happy TT.

Carmen said...

It's the moon pies that make the south great. :)

Gattina said...

It's funny ! in each country there are always jokes or sayings between north and south, lol ! in Belgium too. I live in the South, now I know why my cat sits on my computer !

mompoet said...

The south sounds sweet, friendly and down to earth. No wonder it's your home, Daisy! I hope to visit the South one day - the real South I mean. Up here in Canada, we call Oregon "south."
mp

Connie Barris said...

My friend who is from the North and I just had this conversation today... and how she had grits the first time... and didn't know what to do with them...

I LOVE the waffle house... I had to have a procedure a few weeks ago and I asked my husband to stop by the waffle house and get me some cheese eggs and raisin toast...

NOW TELL ME IT JUST DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THAT....

blessings
Connie

 
design by suckmylolly.com