Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Seven....Glorious Fall

Sunday Seven....Glorious Fall

1. I love fall, the dazzling colors of the trees changing their leaves, the cooler weather, pumpkins,colorful mums, hot chili, candy corn, hot apple cider, corn mazes, warm sweaters, downy quilts and slippers. This is my favorite time of the year.



2. Yesterday Mr. Wonderful and our neighbor Mike played Lumber Jack and went to cut some wood for this winter. They worked together and got each household a load. Beckie and I always feel better about having the guys go out together, especially when chain saws are involved. They were quite pleased at the wood they gathered. Mr. Wonderful got our wood heater working today. (You can bigify the picture by clicking on it!)




3. I'm leaving Saturday to fly to New York to stay with Suzy and Oscar for a week. Tim will be out of town and I rarely need a reason to go visit my kids. This is a shout out to my sis for making it possible. Those of you who know me really well know that I don't usually solo, so this is a big adventure for me.





4. I'll be able to experience Oscar's first Halloween. I'm sure his momma will have him all dressed up as Halloween is one of her favorite holidays. I already know that Miss Emma has a cute costume that her momma ordered for her so I'm excited to see my grands all decks out.




5. Okay, this may sound silly but I'm also excited that we were able to pick up some Peppermint Mocha creamer at the grocery store today. It's my favorite and it only comes out in the fall. We got a big size, so my morning coffee will really be something to look forward too.



6. Speaking of the Divine Miss Em....look who has her first pigtails? She certainly is growing up so quickly. We are fortunate that her momma posts lots of pictures and videos of her so we can watch her change.



7. It was good to see my mom and sisters this month. We are rarely together so it makes it that much more special when do. Thanks to both of my sisters for making the trip enjoyable.

Hope your week is going well. We stay pretty busy but I always enjoy stopping to really take a closer look at my world. It's not always easy, but it's never dull. Hope your life is as colorful as the fall trees.

6 comments:

YellowRose said...

All wonderful things! I love that photo of Oscar!! And Miss Emma is growing up so fast! What a cutie!

So glad you get to spend Halloween with Suzy and Oscar, can't wait to see the photos!

Melli said...

I can't believe you get to go back to New York already!!! YAY for YOU!!! Poor Mr. Wonderful has to stay home and hold down the fort, huh? Well, you and Suzi will enjoy some girl time together - while spoiling that new little man in your lives!

I am going to start enjoying Autumn NEXT weekend. THIS week I'm still busy creating summer!

Susan said...

Oh my gosh, you've been a travelin' thing lately!!! It's wonderful that you get to go back and see Suzy and Oscar again. What a blessing. I'll be praying for your travels.

That picture of Emma is just adorable. Her pigtails are so cute.

Hugs,

Susan

Jane said...

Sounds like fun times ahead for you. You will enjoy your time with Suzy and Oscar and I know Suzy will be glad you are there.
Both these photos of your babies are precious. Don't you just want to pinch them!!!!! (I mean that lovingly of course!!!)

Linda said...

How great you are able to go back to NY and see Oscar so soon. How nice you will have some alone time with Suzy and Oscar. Have a safe flight.

Love the picture of Emma and her pigtails. I love little girls in pigtails.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You will be fine because you know where you are going to see that new baby and miss Suzy!! Do like I did that first time I went alone..pray like crazy!!
Where do you get those falling leaves? i would love to have them..Let me know where you got them..Also Charlie looks so woodsy and outdoorsy here...Wonderful because I know how much that wood means to you...Miss you!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com