Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Suzy.....

Letter to my daughter

Happy Birthday Baby Girl....
Who is soon to be a first time Mommy.

Dearest Suzy,

Today you are celebrating your last birthday as a child. Next year you will be celebrating this day with a precious little boy who most likely will help you blow out the candles. Today you are celebrating your special day looking at swollen feet, aching back, and wondering if you will ever catch up on your sleep. Next year at this time you will wondering where the year went and finding it hard to remember what life was like before "Tiny Tim" arrived.

Today I want to celebrate you.....the tiny wide eyed baby, the spunky tender hearted child, the skinny reluctant athlete, the artistic sullen teen, the shy coed, the beautiful bride, the great big sister and the wonderful woman you have become.





Momma's little blue eyed baby girl.....Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating your first birthday! You were so different from your sister. I remember well your first sentence, said with your little hands on your hips and in a tiny little voice that was angry....."I tell MOM!" You were always a Daddy's girl and I see so many characteristics that you both share.






Here's the little spunky tenderhearted child who would entertain herself in her bedroom for hours. One of my favorite memories of you at this age is finding you rocking Becky's doll Mandy and singing to her at 2 o'clock in the morning cause you said "She just looked lonely mom."




The skinny reluctant athlete.....You hated softball and you only scored a goal in soccer whenever dad wasn't there. You always gave it your very best whatever the sport.






The sullen artistic teen.....we survived your teen years! It was hard on both of us. You wanted to grow up much faster than I wanted to let you. I remember how traumatized you were at getting your first job at "Chick-fil-a"






The Shy Co-ed who captured the heart of "Prince Charming". I remember how you used to pick up your tray in the cafeteria whenever Tim came and sat down next to you because you were so nervous.







The beautiful bride....the butterfly emerging getting ready to fly or as one little girl said in awe, "Can I touch the fairy princess?"




The big sister, best friend and mini "me" to your baby bro. Who would have ever thought that the two of you would ever be so close watching you two fight your way through childhood.





The wonderful woman and soon to be mom.....Old Dad and I have watched you grow, mature and become the smart, talented, hard working, creative wife and woman that you are today. Dad says no matter how many babies you have, you'll always be his "button".

We love you Baby Girl,

Momma

9 comments:

Jane said...

I don't know if I can see to type through my misty eyes but I will try.
What a precious tribute to your 'baby girl'. I loved all the pictures. She indeed was a beautiful bride.

Happy Birthday Suzy!

Today is also a day of celebration for us....check out my blog.

Susan said...

What a beautiful beautiful blog to a beautiful lady! Suzy, happy birthday!

Daisy, thanks for giving us a glimpse into this life!!

Hugs,

Susan

Unknown said...

Aww... Thanks Momma. That was really sweet. Miss you. XOXOX
~ Suz

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

That was indeed one of the nicest letters that I have read to a daughter!! What a praise and what a wonderful daughter too!! I loved the whole thing..what a great way for a daughter to see just how much she is really loved. Sandy

Ladybug Crossing said...

Suzy is indeed a very very special person. Happy Birthday, Suzy!!

xo
LBC

Pear tree cottage! said...

What a wonderful mum birthday girl Suzy has, writing such a special letter to her.

That was so lovely to read, I can see in every word the feelings of love you have for your beautiful family.....that is very special.

Lee-ann

Baba said...

I hope I am not to late to wish Suzy a "happy birthday"...Suzy is so lucky to have you as her Mom ,as you are to have her for your Daughter..A very moving and loving post to your lovely daughter..thanks for sharing your love with us... Hugs, Baba

YellowRose said...

Ahhh, what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman! You sure do know how to tug at the heart strings when you write...you write from your heart! I had already wished Suzy a happy birthday, (I saw it was her BD on MySpace reminders).

Linda said...

That is the most beautiful tribute I've ever read. I'm sure Suzy feels so honored to have such a great Mom.

I'm so glad to see you back to blogging and hoping everything else in your life is going well. You've really been on my mind and in my prayers.

 
design by suckmylolly.com