Monday, August 18, 2008

Flag raising.....


Our hallway at the mission has recently had the cracks in the walls repaired and the walls painted. It looks really nice now.

Today Mr. Wonderful and I hung up the flags from many of the countries that the mission has helped. Many of you will remember from my weather vane post that Mr. Wonderful does not like heights. Here he is on top of the book cases hanging flags from Central America.


Our ceilings are quite high so he was dreading climbing the ladder. The hallways look very festive now with lots of colorful flags from all over the world. We have an African flag hallway and flags from South American countries in our Spanish Book Room. It gives you a feeling of walking into the United Nations building .

Mr. Wonderful made sure we hung each of them the right way and we also labeled each country under it's flag. I love all the colors, it makes me feel happy when I walk in the halls now.

3 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

He is such a good guy and I am sure it is gorgeous! My Mr. would have made ME do the climbing and the hanging. I think my Mr. hates heights way more than yours.
xoxo
LBC

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I bet it makes the hallways really look more colorful!! You showed me when we were there so I know it looks great!! Thanks to Mr. Wonderful amd giving up his fear of heights!! Hope all is well...

Melli said...

What a GREAT idea for cheering up the halls! I would love it too! AND it's a good reminder of all the good you do!

 
design by suckmylolly.com