Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ten on Tuesday...10 Romantic Comedies


Ten Romantic Comedies I enjoy



1. 50 First Dates.....Because of a car injury that leaves her with no short-term memory, Adam Sandler has to come up with a new way to make Drew Barrymore fall in love with him every day. I love not taking people for granted and actively working to create a loving relationships.





2. Serendipity.. is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely. The irresistible casting of John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale makes this a wonderful romantic comedy. I'm a sap for happily ever after and especially when fate steps in to give it a hand.







3. When Harry Met Sally....with Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal answers the age-old question can men and women really be friends? It covers the 11-year span of a relationship between the two. It's a classic.







4. Enchanted.....(With Patrick Dempsey and Amy Adams)A classic Disney fairytale collides with modern-day New York City in a story about a fairytale princess who is sent to our world by an evil queen. Soon after her arrival, Princess Giselle begins to change her views on life and love after meeting a handsome lawyer. Can a storybook view of romance survive in the real world?







5. Her Alibi....A writer of BAD detective novels is in full writer's block. He pretends to be the alibi of a beautiful woman who was arrested for murder at first thinking her innocent, but as she shows more and more interesting abilities (such as knife throwing) he begins to doubt his first assessment. He is still falling for her but is more and more nervous as time passes, and there are more close calls to death on his part.



6. Elizabethtown ....Hours after a ruinous product debut, suicidal industrial designer Drew Baylor (Orlando Bloom) learns of his father's sudden death. As the only son, Drew must travel to their small hometown of Elizabethtown, Kentucky to attend his father's memorial. On the flight to Kentucky, Drew meets Claire (Kristen Dunst), a quick-witted flight attendant, who helps him navigate the rough waters ahead and proves that amazing things happen when you least expect them. Cute movie and even has Paula Deen as a typical southern aunt.






7. Just Like Heaven...An architect living in San Francisco (Ruffalo) falls in love with a female spirit he's found in his closet (Witherspoon). The woman whose ghost he's wooing has been in a coma at a local hospital for the past six months, and unless he can intervene, her body will be taken off life support.






8. Failure to Launch....What happens when your 35-year-old son refuses to leave home. Why should he leave, he pays no rent, his mom cooks for him and does his laundry. It's a sweet life until his parents hire a hottie to tempt him to get his own place. (Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew McConaughey)





9. Never Been Kissed. Josie Geller (Drew Barrymore) is a hard-working newspaper copy editor in her mid-20s. To branch into reporting, Josie goes undercover for an investigation at a Chicago
high school and finds herself just as unpopular as she was as a teen. Making things even tougher, she falls for a teacher (Michael Vartan). Can Josie's popular brother (David Arquette) turn things around and help her be cool?




10. Little Black Book...Stacy Holt, an associate producer for a daytime talk show, is confounded by her boyfriend Derek's unwillingness to talk about his previous relationships. Egged on by her co-worker Barb, Stacy sneaks a look at his personal digital organizer, scores the names and numbers of his exes, and sets up interviews with them--all to get closer to her man. However, her plan starts to unravel when she becomes friends with one of the women.

10 comments:

YellowRose said...

All good ones!!! I loved "Serendipity!"

Happy Tuesday my friend!

Leslie said...

Great choices! I love most of those movies!!!

Irishcoda said...

I've seen and loved When Harry Met Sally (yes, a classic!), Elizabethtown and Princess Bride. I think with your descriptions I'm going to try watching the others on your list :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Serendipity is on my list too!

I played too :)

Melli said...

If she has NO memory WHY does Adam Sandler have to come up with a NEW way every day? That makes no sense! I KNOW somebody with NO memory - and ONE joke will keep her happy for MONTHS! ;) LOL!

I actually LOOKED at this meme this morning -- I keep thinking I would LIKE to play it -- but everytime I actually go to try, it's about tv or movies or actors or something to DO with that stuff! So, I'm going to play NEXT week when it is 10 things I LOVE about my life!!! You remind me! (that's your job!)

And hey! I WONDER who gave Miss Emma that ADORABLE pink DAISY jacket she's wearing in Becky's most recent post???

Baba said...

I can't believe that I have only seen one of the movies on your list.." when Harry met Sally"..I like to watch movies on Lifetime and we also rent movies from Netflix.

Tomorrow I start my first day at the hospital , in the nursery , as a volunteer...four hours a week will get my hands on those little babies.. I can keep up with my old co-workers.
Enjoy your day. Hugs, Baba

Mike said...

When Harry Met Sally is a classic of course. I saw Her Alibi a long time ago; I forgot all about it. Good list.

Wani said...

Great list! I love them all!

Joyce said...

I totally LOVED Enchanted. :)

alisonwonderland said...

i love romantic comedies! your #1 and #2 are both on my list too! happy tuesday!

 
design by suckmylolly.com