Monday, April 07, 2008

Ten on Tuesday....10 Favorite Actors/Actress



10 Favorite Actors or Actresses

1. George Clooney....Not only is he handsome but he has done some really good movies as well as TV. He's very likable and convincing in the roles he has chosen plus he is related to Rosemary Clooney (one of my all time favorite recording artist!)




2. Harrison Ford....I fell in love with him as Hans Solo over 30 years ago and consequently loved him in all of the Indiana Jones films. Older actors seem to be ageless and only get better with maturity. He usually gets to play the "good guy" and is convincing whether he is playing the President of the United States or government agent in the Patriot Games.




3. Sean Connery....Gotta love the older actors! Sean Connery, in my opinion was the all time best James Bond. He's the best at being sly and cunning and still very physical in his movie roles. I've never been disappointed in any of his movies and would go see anything he was in.





4. Tom Hanks.....what versatility. He has played everything from Aids victim, castaway, soldier, or nice guy, to 12 year old boy in"Big," all very convincingly. He is one of the hardest working actors in Hollywood . Two of his most endearing movies were "You've Got Mail" and "Sleepless in Seattle."





5. Johnny Depp....Who knew the guy from 21 Jump Street could be so versatile? Of course he was wonderful as "Jack Sparrow" the pirate but also as singing Sweeny Todd. He certainly has not been afraid of "unconventional "roles like "Edward Scissorhand" either.




6. Matthew McConaughey....I first noticed him in the movie "A Time to Kill" as a southern lawyer, he has since played in several action, adventure movies , but I like him best as the leading man in romantic comedies (aka....chick flicks!)






7. Julia Roberts....American's Sweetheart. lovable, zany, intense. I first noticed her in "Steel Magnolias" (which still makes me cry) and loved her in "Pretty Women". She became the highest paid female actress. She won an Oscar for "Erin Brockovick.





8. Sandra Bullock....favorite actress and now producer. She was wonderful in "Speed" and funny in the Miss Congeniality films. She also has gone into producing and directing.






9. Drew Barrymore.....family member of all the famous Barrymores. She has been in movie as early as "ET"fame. She's been in everything from Charlie's Angles to 50 First Dates. I love her in romantic comedies.





10. Reese Witherspoon....who knew she could sing? She won an Oscar for "Walk the Line" as June Carter Cash. She also is one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood.

10 comments:

ShannonW said...

I think Drew Barrymore is a great actress!

frizzyeatworld said...

Awesome list! And I love that you included pics of them, too. Very cool indeed. Cheers! ;)

Jane said...

If I had done this I would have had the EXACT SAME ANSWERS!!!! Freaky!
Same tribe...right!
By the way, the brain lint over at my place....I would rather have caught it from you than anyone else!!!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Great choices. I so agree. Did you know that Harrison Ford is making another Indiana Jones movie? i cannot remember when it is coming out though.
Such versatile actors and actresses. Your brain seems to be working today..Wish mine did not hurt..headache again..
Sandy

craziequeen said...

ScaryMary!

We're so in tune, celeb-wise....well, with the girlies - I love Sandra Bullock and Drew. '28 Days' is one of my favourite Bullock movies and Drew just can't put a foot wrong - I would hold up 'Never Been Kissed' for her; funny, but with immense pathos that Drew carried off with aplomb.

My taste in male actors tends to change over the years as new faces appear - but my lifelong cinematic heroes are Johnny Depp (well, duh!) and Denzel Washington. There is no one more talented than JD in everything he tries (and he tries everything!), and no more skilled actor than Denzel on this planet.
I would hold up JD's directorial debut, 'The Brave', one of the most touching films I have ever seen, and for Denzel, I would hold up 'The Bone Collector' - where Denzel had to act only using his voice, eyes and one finger.......

cq

funnyliberal said...

Hi! I have two of your favorites on mine; Tom Hanks and George Clooney. After I'd made my list, I remembered Sandra Bullock.

Hey, were is New Hope? I live in Manassas, VA.

Unknown said...

I forgot about Harrison Ford - he rocks!!

Thanks for visiting me today! This was a fun list to write.

Carole Burant said...

You and I have the exact same taste in actors and actresses:-) I would have chosen all the same ones...Sandra Bullock has always been my very favourite actress, I just love her to bits!! xox

Melli said...

I got up this morning thinking I might play Ten On Tuesday today - and then I saw the category.... I'd have to go back so far nobody would remember my people! LOL! I WILL say Sean Connery WOULD have been on my list though!

Baba said...

Wow... I could not do a list like you on this subject...a great list.. I would pick George for my favorite male and Julia for the female.Her movie " pretty Woman" was a hit with me...Have a wonderful day tomorrow..Hugs and blessings, Baba

 
design by suckmylolly.com