Monday, April 07, 2008

Fuzzy thinking



Lint from my brain!


1. If shirts could reflect your attitude or characteristics .....then this would be my shirt today. Life is so daily and some times trying to juggle all our responsibilities gets to be too much. (Or maybe my brain gets too much information to try to process at one time and goes into shut down mode!) Either way I'm somewhat scattered today and the harder I work to pull it all together the worse it gets. So here's some lint from brain....just for your amusement!


2. Mr. Wonderful continues to be just that. He preached at one of his dad's churches yesterday. The church is without a pastor right now and he has filled in twice. The people remember him as the baby of the family and some times still treat him as a young boy. I have gotten sick both times that he has preached at the church (the first time right after my surgery) and yesterday . So he asked me if I was sick of his preaching or sick of that church? Coincidence? Hmmm......




3. The Divine Miss Em has found her nose. She has discovered another cavity in her face other than her mouth and apparently likes to share what she finds there. I'm just hoping she won't be storing her food in that cute little nose. Not that I'm at all biased, but isn't that just the cutest little nose you've ever seen?





4. I started watching the Star Wars movie in the correct order (other than when the originally released).....it's amazing how much more I've gotten out of it. Some times background really does help explain a lot. The first movie Star Wars came out when I was pregnant with Becky 30 years ago. I saw Episode 1 (the Phantom Menace) , Episode 2 ( The Attack of the Clones) and Episode 3 (Revenge of the Sith). Hey, I told you I was sick!


5. Who needs to go to Washington to see the Cherry Blossoms. One of the pretties places in Augusta county is the public library. They have two gorgeous Cherry Trees in full bloom along with pansies, daffodils, and other spring flowers. Not to mention comfy benches to sit and read.


6. April 13- 19th is National Library Week. At our library all overdue fines are forgiven. In the children's department they are having a Frog Scavenger Hunt. So take a librarian out to lunch or least stop and tell them they are doing a great job. You don't know a librarian? Click here then and give my Suzy (children's librarian ) a shout out!


7. Speaking of the library this grrrl picked up a great read called "Kissing Babies at the Piggly Wiggly" by Robert Dalby. I love southern writers and life in small southern towns. I was intrigued by the title and so far it has been very entertaining. The characters are fun and I can identify several of the "nitwits" ( older southern widows) with people I actually knew growing up.


Hope your week is going well. Remember that Lint from your brain can lead to fuzzy thinking.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I love Mr. Wonderful. He sits here on my desk and just says the nicest things to me. :)

Jane said...

First of all I hope you are feeling better. Take good care of yourself. There are a lot of people who love you...including me!!!
That is an adorable picture of Emma. Zoe has discovered her nose too. It is so funny!
That book looks so good, I am going to check it out!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hello!! I have been wondering where you have been!! I am off to work very soon..just wanted to see what the lint from your brain really is..Hm..well now I know.
i hope that you are feeling better..
Sandy

Carole Burant said...

Good afternoon, dear Daisy:-)

Finally getting a chance to come visit you...first of all, how wonderful that you'll become a grandma again!! Your baby is having a baby...how thrilling:-) Since I'm going to be a first time grandma, I need all the help I can get from you other grandmas! hehe

Miss Emma is just sooo adorable, even while picking her nose! lol Isn't it precious when they start discovering their body parts!!

A couple of years ago I watched all the Star Wars movies in order and like you said, so much made more sense once I had watched them. Gosh, I still remember going to see the original Star Wars when it came out at the theater:-)

Hope you're feeling better!! xox

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi Daisy, I think Emma is a doll! What a cute picture! I never could get into Star Wars!
Kelly works at our library and is always bringing me home some good books!!!! Love and Hugs Grams

I hope you are feeling better!!

Melli said...

Funny -- I just bought Luz THREE Little Miss books yesterday! (along with about 15 others... ) *sigh* I can't resist them.

I am CRACKIN' up over the fact that BOTH you AND Becky decided to POST the picture of Emma with her finger in her nose! Actually... I'm crackin' up over the fact that Becky even TOOK THE PICTURE!!! It is true... kids today have EVERY moment of their lives recorded for ... prosperity.

 
design by suckmylolly.com