Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Seven...Quick Trip to the Beach






1. Just got back from a quick trip to Virginia Beach. We left Thursday afternoon and had a great time visiting with my Mom, seeing other ministries, visiting with old friends and just getting away for awhile.



2. We were able to visit Operation Blessing which is a part of the Christian Broadcasting Network. They have three huge warehouses and distribute 75 to 150 tons of products every week. We were very impressed by the people and the organization. We provide clothing to them that they distribute to other countries.




3. My Mom cracks me up! She had a list of items for Mr. Wonderful to do while we were home. Some of them very simple such as removing addresses from her email address book and making the green light stop flickering on the TV. We also replaced some azaleas bushes in the back yard. We were able to go to a senior banquet with her and go to church with her. I know she gets lonely so it was good to be able to spend some time with her.




4. Just heard that our little Munchkin is sick. It's so hard to be so far away when your baby is sick. It's hard on her momma and really hard on her long distance Diva. Just yesterday she was out playing at the park on one of their first spring days.





5. So glad, my good buddy Floozie is starting to feel so much better. She got off some medication abruptly and it really messed up her blood pressure and her whole system.
Sandy is one of the sweetest, kindest people I know and she rarely lets anyone know how she really is feeling. She has had a really hard month with mood swings, crying, fatigue,
and just plain feeling lousy.



6. Our cats JJ and Lucy were really glad to see us. I'm sure they got lonesome with out us to entertain them. A big shout out to neighbor and good friend Beckie for feeding the cats and loving on them while we were gone.



7. The lilacs are in bloom now. We have two big bushes that are in bloom under my window where my computer is located. I love smelling their fragrance . I love the sight and smell of spring.



It's good to be back home to my own bed and familiar surroundings. Long weekends really give us a needed break and a little perspective. Hope your week goes well.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your mom sounds like my mother-in-law...whenever we go over there she has a list of to-dos for my hubby!
I'm glad you had a good weekend...I'm glad you're back, though! :)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Lilacs..OH how I miss those lovely lovely flowers!! They are always my favorite but of course we cannot have them here!! :-( too bad!! Thanks for letting people know that i am much better!! This has been a long long mess which I will never do again...EVER!!
Sorry to hear about Emma. She will bounce back quickly!!
Glad you had a great visit and are now back in your NEST!!

Sandy

Ladybug Crossing said...

Welcome back!
Sorry your sweet Emma is sick.
Honey Do lists are the best!
xo
LBC

Melli said...

Aww... I'm sorry Miss Emma is sick... hope she's back to spunky before ya know it!

Glad ya had a good time with your mom! I know the little break is always a good thing -- but it IS good to get back home! Right now, I need the little "time away!" LOL!

YellowRose said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Sorry Emma is not feeling good...hard when you can't be there to hold and care for her. Wish I had those lilac bushes!! They smell heavenly!!! More pics of those please!! ;)

Susan said...

Glad things went well on your trip this weekend. I have never seen a "real" lilac bush. I really need to get out in the spring more.


Hope you have a teriffic week and that Ms. Emma is feeling better soon.

Love,

Susan

Jane said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your mom. I know she was thrilled to have you both there!
I know you hate that Emma is sick. I hope it passes quickly.
We just saw that some VERY bad weather had hit Suffolk, VA....I hope you are not close to there!
Love ya girl!

 
design by suckmylolly.com