Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sunday Seven...Easter Edition



Sunday Seven- Easter Edition



1. This is a big Shout-Out to my volunteers from Savannah who gave us a week of their time. We were able to get many areas inventoried as well as processing a whole stage filled with medical supplies. We were also able to palletize 500 boxes of clothing for Operation Blessing headed for Chile.


2. Poor Mr. Wonderful came down with a killer case of flu that has taken him out of commission since Monday night. He has really felt bad with aches, fever, chills, and no energy at all. He has really had a hard time this week and still is not really back to full strength.


3. I've had my medical hat on all this week. First of all was sorting lots of medical equipment and supplies for medical ministries. Later was playing Florence Nightingale to Mr. Wonderful.



4. Anyone want to guess what I got from Mr. Wonderful for Easter? If you said the flu, then score 10 points. I should tell you that it really cuts your appetite. This is the first year that Easter candy had no appeal.


5. If we had to get sick this was the very best time to do so. We have had so many groups that have volunteered over the last three weeks and now we have no other groups till early April. God is good even with out schedule.



6. I was able to hear from all my "chicks "this past weekend. It's always good to catch up with them and find out what's been going on in their lives. Boy Wonder had been in Savannah (first time in over 5 years). Becky had Emma's picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Suzy is getting the nesting instinct and starting to look for baby furniture. Talking with them really made me miss them even more.

7. Praise God for Resurrection Sunday. The tomb was empty . The angel didn't open the tomb to let Jesus out but to welcome everyone else in. We are Easter people. The penalty of sin was paid by Christ's death on the cross but the tomb could not contain Him. The Lord has Risen, The Lord has risen indeed!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Hooray, I'm FIRST!! I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. I pray you're back on your feet really soon. I miss you when you don't post, but know that you're in my prayers each and every day.

Love you!

:-) Susan

Jane said...

I hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself...and Mr. Wonderful!!
Glad all your chicks are doing well.
This has been a wonderful Easter Sunday. We celebrated at a wonderful worship service this morning and then visited with our son and his wife and her family and our moms this afternoon. What a blessing.
Hope this is a week filled with HIS blessings and good health for you both.

Jennifer said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you got sick, too!! I hope you feel better in no time...and rest, rest, rest while you're able!! I love you! :)

Gattina said...

Poor Florence ! I am sure you should get an award to support a sick hubby, lol ! My Easter is white ! We have snow ! The whole winter it hasn't snowed and now when everthing is green and the flowers out it snows ! I get a winter depression !

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I am like Susan...I miss you everyday that you do not post too!! I know that you have been busy but I still wonder just how YOU are!!
Great post for this Sunday!! Andy was in Savannah..man I missed him!!
We were just plain lazy all day yesterday..very very lazy in fact!!
Hope that you and Mr. Wonderful are better today..Sandy

Ladybug Crossing said...

Oh No! The flu? You too?!
Feel better - rest up.
Happy Easter...
xo
LBC

 
design by suckmylolly.com