This is My Mr. Wonderful standing next to a Gutenberg Bible at the New York Public Library. It was printed in 1455 using moveable type. 180 Bibles were produced in 3 years ( the amount of time it would have taken to hand write one copy.) Pretty remarkable accomplishment!
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
Gutenberg Bible
Posted by Lazy Daisy at 12:05 AM
Labels: Charlie, New York, Wordless Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


34 comments:
I love going to museums and places of that sort, but unfortunately not too many here in Hawaii.
I'm up.
I love touristy things! I don't believe I know what the Gutenberg Bible is! My WW is up!
I just recently acquired a New Testament Bible that was printed in 1881. It's really interesting to be able to actually read the differences in the translation (printed as translated out of the Greek in 1611 A.D.) then and now. I can just imagine what it would be like to be able to read that one!
My WW is up!
Really amazing, thanks for an educational wednesday! my pic is up!
The photo of the bible is beautiful. The light reflected on the book makes it stand out. Your Mr. Wonderful really looks wonderful. He looks like a very wise man.
Thanks for dropping by.
It always amazes me when I hear about things like this. The things that innovative minds were able to accomplish sooooooooo long ago with NONE of the modern technology that make our lives so easy today! WoW! Great share, Daisy! Thanks!
Oh, I'm speechless.
What a great way to wake up this morning and visit with you and your W W!!!
Mine is up
I bet that looks awesome up close and personal. Great WW!
My WW is up!
Amazing!
Nice picture. It looks vintage. I Love it.
What a treasure!
My WW is up too.
I'M BACK!!!! My WW will be up shortly!
A real treasure.... Thanks!
How cool. I didn't know that there is a copy in New York. Those Bibles are just amazing to me. I believe that the Gutenberg "Press" still prints specialty Bibles for around the world, starting around $4,500. I have to check that out again (read it some where on the web). Thank you for sharing this beautiful treasure.
It is amazing what one can find in a library, no?
LBC
OK, so what does this have to do with the Davinci Code? :)
Thanks for stopping by, I always love visiting here...:)
And here I am a NYCer and haven't stopped in to see that exhibit yet. Shame on me! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me.
Frances
i've always wondered about the gutenberg bible. now i don't have to, thanks to you...mine's up too! ;)
Very nice picture. I had to go look up the Bible http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutenberg_Bible
I like the list at the bottom that tells where each Bible is...figures that Bill Gates owns one. BAH!
And then I had to go look up the Luther Bible http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther#Luther.27s_German_Bible
that is awesome!!! I would LOVE to see that in person!!!
Happy WW! And thanks so much for sharing that with us that is amazing!
He was in "heaven" wasn't he? lol
Great picture!
That is just to awesome! I love stuff like that. I would love to see it up close.
My WW is up!
Too cool! :-)
What a treasure. Or should I say treasures *lol*
Did it fit in his pocket? [wink]
cq
My WW is up!
I love old books. What a wonderful photo!
My
Worldess Wednesday is up!
Very Cool! B)
That is so amazing!!! Hasn't technology came so far? Thank you so much for sharing this with us! Great shot!!!
My WW is up!
Wow, that is one old bible!! Great picture. My WW is up too!!
Wow! That's interesting. Great photo. :)
I watched a show on Discovery or something about the 100 most important inventions ever or something like that, and number one was movable type. And when you think about it, even the internet wouldn't be here without it.
Thanks for visiting my WW.
Thanks for stopping by at my blog this WW, Daisy. Your image reminds me of how much communication and the sharing of culture and beliefs has changed in a just a few centuries.
mp
Wow! That "is" an accomplishment! :) It must have been great to be near such a sacred item.
Post a Comment