Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Tasty Tuesday.....Beauty Secrets

Is it Tuesday already? Welcome to Tasty Tuesday! On Tasty Tuesdays I give myself permission to focus on non-food items that feed the brain, the spirit, or the soul.

As a young wife and mother I used to think of myself as "Cotton Candy"......sweet and fluffy but not alot of substance. So I began to read and study the lives of women I admired to see what the "it" factor was.

So much of a woman's identity is caught up in how she looks. We are constantly bombarded on a daily basis of pencil thin anorexic actresses who are held up as examples of beauty. We are told if we use a certain toothpaste that our smiles will be gleaming, and certain shampoos will make our hair irresistable. The emphasis is helping women look good on the outside. Never mind the inward reality; go for the "quick-fix" .

I'm fed up with "the secret keys", "the 22 ways", and the surefire plan. I'm fed up with the phony masks of self-styled Christian experts and the dishonesty of those who proclaim one thing while living something completely different. I'm tired of looking at the superficial, the fake, the phony, when " the real thing" is within my grasp.

With each passing day, I become more determined to know nothing except Chirst and him crucified. I don't have all the answers. I haven't arrived. I don't have the perfect marriage, or the perfect children. I only know that Jesus Christ has done something incredible in my life. My circumstances haven't changed a bit but I am changed none the less. I used to be at Point A now I'm at Point E. Hey it's not Point Z but it is forward progress.

I may not look perfect on the outside, but I am changing inside. Nothing magical, but I've lost a pound of sin here and an ounce of crummy attitude there. I blow it every day of my life, but I'm not who I used to be and I'm not who I would have been.

I don't want people to look at me and say, "Wow, what a remarkable woman. What a remarkable Christian." I truly want people to look at me and say, "What a remarkable God she must serve. If God can work through an ordinary woman like her, maybe he can work through me too."

The woman God can use knows where her value comes from. She is precious because of Who created her. She is valuable because of the One Who dwells with in her, not because of the material he used to fashion her or how he chooses to use her. There you have it...... If you want radiant skin, beautiful clear eyes, and a glowing personality start by working on "inward beauty".

What are your beauty secrets? What feeds your soul?

9 comments:

Leanne said...

Like you, who I am revolves around Who I Serve. I "do what I'm told" from day to day, honestly. My to do list is always lofty, but somehow it always gets done, and I am never tired from it. As long as I accept the gift God gave me and use it every day, our lives are blessed.

:D

(back to the list..)

Susan said...

I just loved what you wrote and needed to hear it today!!!

YellowRose said...

What a great post Daisy dear....I needed it today! You always seem to know! ;o)

Love ya!

Sherri said...

Excellent post!! Well written and so much what I needed to hear! I'm going to link to it on my blog. Thanks!

Unknown said...

What a great post, Daisy! It is just what I needed today.

Viamarie said...

Actually I don't have a beauty regimen. What I've been trying to focus more on is feeling good about everything no matter what trials or tribulations come my way. I believe this will make you feel beautiful from the inside out.

Happy Wednesday! MY WW is up now.

Btw, thanks for the beautiful post.

Unknown said...

Great post Daisy, I don't have a beauty regimen anywhere near as good as this one.

mompoet said...

What a beautiful reminder of what's really important, Daisy. As for beauty tips, I wake up each day with a prayer of gratitude. I take a moment to remember those who need my prayers today. Then I wash my face, drink plenty of water and go to my day with joy.
mp

Jennifer said...

You wanna know something else? You're one of the most beautiful women I know :)! I'm so glad God blessed me with your friendship!!
I don't have any beauty secrets yet. I am still trying to look beyond my own sweet, fluffy self at the woman God wants me to be! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com