Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday Photo Hunt....Salty



Virginia Beach's newest attraction is King Neptune, a colossal 34-foot-high bronze statue located right off the Board Walk. I watched them weilding this "guy" into place. If anyone knows about salt I figured it would be Neptune!

btw.....97% of the world supply of water is salt water, 2% is ice, 1 % is drinkable water.

37 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Oh, I love that top photo. It's very dramatic with that sky in the background. Great angle.

Jane said...

Terrific photo! I would have enjoyed seeing how they install something that large!

Unknown said...

Great photo Daisy - You never know when pictures of Neptune will come in handy for a photo hunt.

marianne said...

great photos and clever interpretation of the theme - very nicely done!

Ingrid said...

I don't want to meet him in the middle of the night ! I am sure I would faint, lol !

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome statue! How neat for them to put that up.

I'm up too.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

That statue is something!!

srp said...

He really is something... a little further down than the Forbes candy company where Nyssa worked and we park... It must be near that fabulous old hotel up on the "hill" if you can call it that.

Pamela said...

Love the photo of King Neptune and those statistics are just amazing! You would wonder why we haven't run out of drinkable water long ago! lol

Biker Betty said...

Now there is a king salty idea. He is huge. Great idea for the salty theme. Have a great weekend.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Very cool! What a neat sculpture. :) Terrific choice for the theme. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Wow!! Neat sculpture...but yet more so, is the neat idea for coming up with this for 'salty'!!!

Mine's posted this week...OLD SALTS

Unknown said...

WOW Daisy! That is sooooooo cooooool! I had no idea they had done that. Does your mom want some company??? HA Finally got mine up on My Photo Blog

Have a super weekend.

Twisted Cinderella said...

What a cool take on today's theme!

Anonymous said...

Well now, that is some statue!! Love it!!!

Have a grea weekend!

Andree said...

That is a huge statue. The first photo, the human looks so tiny! Great post.

Viamarie said...

Thanks for sharing the info about Neptune. Good choice for this week's theme.

Cheers!

Caylynn said...

That's a great statue. :) Cool choice for the theme. :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a good day!

Sarah said...

What a great looking statue. Good choice.

Daisy said...

Guess what? My Mommie saw that statue when she went to Virginia Beach! They got up early to go running on the boardwalk. It is so beautiful there.

Baba said...

What a COOL picture for today!! It is fun to see what people post for SALTY.Have a good day. Baba

Jane said...

Fun choice for salty. I'll have to visit it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! And so perfect for the theme. Thank you so much for sharing.

Jane said...

How cool. That will be a great addition to the shore.
Have a great weekend my friend.

Unknown said...

how very cool! I love the life size of it all... great one.. by the way, your URL is messed up in haloscan and incorrect...

roman said...

I am going to agree with Karen, that first shot captures him in such a way that can only be breath taking.

H/H
Happy Hunting

Anonymous said...

I haven't been up there in years, what a great and appropriate statue for that area. thanks for posting it.

Susan said...

Great photo. You guys really motivate me every Saturday to CARRY my camera with me...I must start to do that as I am sure that there are many many photo ops I am missing everyday.

Have a happy Saturday!!

:-) Susan

PowersTwinB said...

teriffic take on this weeks theme! How amazing you were there when they were installing it! amazing! Thanks for visiting my photo

Jennifer said...

Those are awesome pictures, Daisy!! What a gorgeous statue!!

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

That's some statue! Great selection for the "salty" theme :))

Have a really great weekend!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Cool!! What a statue!! would have been fun watching him being put up!! Mine is up also but not near as impressive as Mr. Neptune!!

Sandy

MaR said...

Beautiful statue and stunning statistics, Lazy Daisy! happy weekend :)

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

What big statue! Good post for the theme too. Wasn't able to make it. Busy with my grandson who is now confined in the hospital.

Patty said...

Great photo's. I am only a few minutes from VA. Beach, you should come down sometime when they have the neptune festival and see the sandcastles

http://chinese.yenjai.net said...

I respect you.
What a creative interpretation for this photo hunt ^-^

Melli said...

You are sO tricky! That was a GREAT idea for the theme!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com