The Chrysler Building in New York City! The Chrysler Building is considered by many tall building fans to be the world's quintessential skyscraper design.
Well... it IS! Don't ya wonder what those "things" are UP there though? They look like alligators! (in the big image they do...) That IS one of my favorite buildings in NYC! ;)
Other than on TV I dont think Ive ever really noticed the Chrysler Building! What a great picture. Thanks for sharing! (i guess photos of the grandbaby dont coordinate with this weeks theme huh? :( )
I have seen it when I was in New York and it's quite impressive ! Thanks for your comment on Miss Suri Cruise, but I think you were on the wrong blog ! I had put a link just above the post. The pictures are in http://gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com/
That's a fascinating skyscraper. My parents and my brother live in New York but I've never been there. I hope to visit your beautiful city soon. Take care!
My first message didn't seem to make it. So I will try again, lol. I have heard of the Chrysler Building, but have never seen it. That is very impressive. Love the angle. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
I've actually been to the Chrysler Building after reading the history about it. The lobby is very impressive also! I think it's my favorite New York skyscraper even if the Empire State Building gets more press!
Great photo for today miss Daisy!! WE are here in Arizona!! We made it and did not lose another tire in the doing!! Thanks for all of your prayers. We will probably be leaving here Sunday or Monday then we will be asking you for more of your special prayers once again...Miss you..Sandy
I loved how the cold modern look mixed with the old ornate look of the buildings. And the fact that they have tried to preserve much of that old feeling to the city skyline. Of course the big hole where the towers once stood always reminds me of how fleeting life and buildings are in the whole scheme of things.
Technically, I don't know if it qualifies or not but I love Art Decco style. I've never been in any of America's great buildings, with the exception of the state capitol building here in CA. My high school choir sang from the rotunda - the sound was amazing. I would love to see the Chrysler, Sears Tower, of course, Empire State building and St. Pats. I know Sears is in Chicago but there are so many back east!!! Thanks for your kind remarks about my humble ceiling... ;^)
29 comments:
Well... it IS! Don't ya wonder what those "things" are UP there though? They look like alligators! (in the big image they do...) That IS one of my favorite buildings in NYC! ;)
Have a GREAT weekend Daisy m'love!
That looks really beautiful. I can't wait to go to NYC. I love the falling shamrocks.
It is beautiful and so tall.
Mine is up too.
Other than on TV I dont think Ive ever really noticed the Chrysler Building! What a great picture. Thanks for sharing! (i guess photos of the grandbaby dont coordinate with this weeks theme huh? :( )
What a great photo! I like the theme this week!
The Chrysler building is one of my favorites!
Cool shot of a great building. :) Great choice for the theme. :)
Thanks for visiting!
Very well done Daisy! Mine are a little more local. Check 'em out on My Photo Blog
Miss ya.
I have never been to NYC...thanks for sharing. Baba
My photo is up!!
lovely photo of a grand building!
smiles, bee
Great picture, an old friend of my just loved that building and worked in NYC just so she could see it everyday.
I have seen it when I was in New York and it's quite impressive !
Thanks for your comment on Miss Suri Cruise, but I think you were on the wrong blog ! I had put a link just above the post.
The pictures are in http://gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com/
lovely photos.....
Happy hunting!
mine is up
Great shot! :) A wonderful example of architecture. :)
Thanks for stopping by and have a good day!
That's a fascinating skyscraper. My parents and my brother live in New York but I've never been there. I hope to visit your beautiful city soon. Take care!
So pretty against the sky. Great photo!
Cool shot of the Chrysler Building!! I would love to see it up close and personal! Have a very happy Saturday!!
My first message didn't seem to make it. So I will try again, lol. I have heard of the Chrysler Building, but have never seen it. That is very impressive. Love the angle. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
BEEEutiful! I would love to see it in person.
Beautiful!
I've actually been to the Chrysler Building after reading the history about it. The lobby is very impressive also! I think it's my favorite New York skyscraper even if the Empire State Building gets more press!
Great photo for today miss Daisy!! WE are here in Arizona!! We made it and did not lose another tire in the doing!! Thanks for all of your prayers. We will probably be leaving here Sunday or Monday then we will be asking you for more of your special prayers once again...Miss you..Sandy
I loved how the cold modern look mixed with the old ornate look of the buildings. And the fact that they have tried to preserve much of that old feeling to the city skyline. Of course the big hole where the towers once stood always reminds me of how fleeting life and buildings are in the whole scheme of things.
Technically, I don't know if it qualifies or not but I love Art Decco style. I've never been in any of America's great buildings, with the exception of the state capitol building here in CA. My high school choir sang from the rotunda - the sound was amazing. I would love to see the Chrysler, Sears Tower, of course, Empire State building and St. Pats. I know Sears is in Chicago but there are so many back east!!!
Thanks for your kind remarks about my humble ceiling... ;^)
I'd like to go to NY someday.
Mine's up :)
Someday I am going to get inside that building for a tour. I bet it is as beautiful inside!
The Chrysler Building is one of the most beautiful buildings for me. Thanks for the visit!
Cool photo ! We have never been to New York City. But have thought about going someday.
Awesome photo! I would love to visit New York someday.
Post a Comment