Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sunday Seven....Week 5

A weekly meme for giving thanks and/or for noting important events in our lives.

That was the week that was edition!

Play Along?

1. I thank God for my monthly small group. This group is from my church and gives us an opportunity to get to know some other people in the church. We meet the first Monday of the month, share a meal and a Bible Study . It has been a real blessing in my life.

2. Thank the Lord for a rental car this week. Mr. Wonderful and I have literally been joined together this past month for lack of transportation. Our insurance paid for a rental car for 5 days with unlimited miles. I was able to go to my exercise class and to Va. Beach to plant rose bushes for mom. We have been riding around in a Red Saturn Ion....sweet!

3. This is my marvelous Mom that we were able to see for a short visit this week. Mom had a few chores that she needed help with, so it was our pleasure to be able to help her out. She is a marvelous hostess and cook and had 14 ladies over for lunch the day we left. Mom made all my favorites including fruit pizza (cookie base, cream cheese filling and glaze over the fruit....yes, I said fruit so of course it's a healthy choice Melli!)



4. It's amazing to me that something like this (bare root rose bush) that we planted for my mom will soon look beautiful and alive with vibrant colored roses. When God looks at us do you think he sees the ugly bare roots or do you think he sees the beautiful end results of His Grace?



5.Daylight Savings Time began last night....and I seem to have misplaced the extra hour I saved last October. If anyone finds it please let me know. I miss it!



6. New pictures of Miss Emma. Our first grand baby is growing so rapidly and changing almost every day. How thankful we are for Flickr photos of our favorite baby. Darling daughter has been so good about posting new pictures and keeping us supplied with newest Emma stories. Breaking story for this week: Miss Emma-bug promoted to her crib and is delighted at her newest crib toy . Video here:


7. The wonderful joy of just staying home and being able to do what I want. This is my favorite spot (usually shared with my cats looking out the window and faithful dog Spot curled up at my feet.) I love looking out the window at the birds , overlooking the garden, or just watching the Daisy Patch sway in the wind. Dorothy was right...."There's no place like home!" (Cue music, dim light, exit thankfully for another week.)


11 comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

It is always nice to have a small group to be with once a week where you can share. Maybe when both my grandsons are big enough I should join one. Your mom looks wonderful.. Wow 14 ladies over lunch, that's a handful already. Surely Emma has grown. Nice crib and toy.
Mine is up too.

Baba said...

Daisy, I am enjoying your Sunday Seven .I will give it a try .You have made my day by allowing us to see video of Emma.I made a comment to her mom.I feel like I am back in the nursery, seeing such a cute baby.Thanks and have a good Sunday.
Baba

Joan said...

I've been searching for my hours too! Do you suppose there is a time-thief on the loose? I enjoyed reading your upbeat post. Thanks for coming by mine.

Anonymous said...

Grandbabies are the best thing in the world! I enjoyed your Sunday Seven.

Melli said...

I definitely think God sees our bare roots... and our foliage... and our FLOWERS! But what I WISH is that He'd tell me where He hid the WATERING CAN! And he needs to hit me over the head with it!

You have a LOT to be thankful for this week Miss Daisy! And so do I.

When IS that baby coming to visit anyway...?

Twisted Cinderella said...

Love this post! sounds like you have a blessed life.

mompoet said...

Your Sunday Seven is lovely, Daisy. A life full of blessings, and you with the loving heart to fully appreciate them! I adored the video of Emma enjoying her mobile. What a smart and cute baby!
mp

Jane said...

I loved your list, especially the video of Emma. What a cutie pie!!!
I also loved your analogy of the rose bush. I think we do look pretty ragged to God sometimes but thank goodness he looks beyond our faults.
Have a blessed Sunday my dear friend.

G.P. said...

Wow .. you've got a great list.. including that healthy fruit pie... gets the attention of this innkeeper :)

Thanx for visiting, girlfriend, you are such a blessing. I should have done a "weekly" recap too since it sure was the week that was... Amazing how G-d is everywhere in everyone, if we just keep our eyes open and focused on the prize :)

blessed week all
GP in Montana

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are allowing each of us to share in your joy as a grand-mom. What a blessing also that your mom is able to experience a great-grand child.

I always enjoy my visit here.

Your visit to my blog this morning reminded me to post my Sunday Seven.

Baba said...

Daisy, I have just finished my first sunday seven ..... Baba

 
design by suckmylolly.com