Friday, September 29, 2023

Family Time


Our family time this year was spread out and made for a whole month of anticipation for Charlie and me.  Our Canadians arrived and we were able to spend time in the North Carolina mountains over the fourth of July.  We rented a cabin in Banner Elk, that housed all 10 of us easily.   The boys enjoyed the air hockey table, ping-pong, and the hot tub.  Charlie Bear had a really bad sunburn from Church camp and was very uncomfortable trying to sleep.  He finally got some rest sleeping in a chair.

Becky and Emma dyed Oscar, Charlie, an
d Henry's hair.  They are going to University School this year so they gave them colorful highlights.  Henry got Pink, Charlie Blue, and Oz Purple.  While they were doing their hair I asked if they would give me pink highlights.  Becky and Emma were surprised I asked and finally agreed when I told them that I added "Dye my hair Pink" to my 2022 bucket list and I really wanted to check it off.  I figured I had motivation, means, and opportunity so why not?  To my delight, they agreed and had it dyed before I could change my mind or before Dad could object.  I love it.

We enjoyed our time together but it flew by way too quickly.  We were sorry to see them leave but were very thankful for their time and ability to run the airport to reach their flights.  It would have been very difficult for Dad and I to even try.

We were able to spend time with Andy, and Rachel's family in North Carolina at the wedding of Rachel's cousin.   It was so much fun to see our little girls and play games and melty beads with them.


Suzy, Tim, and the boys came for the day to spend time with our Texans.  It was fun to watch the big boys interact with the little girls.  They loved every minute together.  It was also a good photo opportunity.

It was the perfect 50th wedding celebration.  We appreciated spending time with each of you.  We also loved the surprise 50th Anniversary Video you made for us with our friends and family. We were surprised at all our tech-savvy friends who were able to upload their comments.  It was such a wonderful surprise that we will treasure,  




0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com