Tuesday, December 25, 2018

December Activities














The Christmas tree is up with Christmas ornaments instead of fall ones.  The house is decorated.  I found most of my decorations in the many storage boxes in the attic.  Most of my day is spent in my office working on Advent ribbons for friends and family.

I tend to start working on them in December so this year I started in November.  Writing the sentiments is the most time consuming as I want them to be personalized, sincere, funny or heartwarming.  I made 25 ribbons this year. My plan was to work on the ones I needed to mail out first as it would take some time to get to their destination.

I made these for Andy, Rachel, and the girls.  I hope they like them.  I put a lot of small finger puppets on the little girl's ribbon as I don't know if they like candy or any of their favorite activities.  I do remember that Lyra loved the fish game so we got them some fishing gear for bathtime.  It looked like a fun activity they would enjoy.  

I made 25 ribbons this year.  The boys kept asking me if I was going to make them one for Christmas.  I finished Henry's ribbon but hadn't finished the rest of the family.  We went over to eat together so I had wrapped one gift off each person's ribbon for them to open till I could finish them the following day.  It was fun to watch the boys open the gifts and read their love note out loud to everyone.  I finished them the following day and they were so excited to see what was on top of the ribbon as well as what was inside.




I made these ribbons for Rebekah and Emma.  I was able to get them out early along with cooking morsels of different flavors so she could do her Christmas baking.  Emma wants to be called Anne now,  I will try my best but it will be difficult to switch over.

I made some ribbons for friends, some single, or widowed ladies I know that are having a hard time as well as my best friends and sisters-in-law.  I am so burned out right now.  It was fun to put away all the supplies until next year.


Charlie and I went Christmas caroling with some friends from church and most of the choir members.  We went to visit shut-ins at their home and sing to them.  I never sounded so good.  It helps to have people all around you to sing in your ear in 4 part harmony.  Afterward, we went back to the church for soup and sandwiches.  Wow, there were so many yummy soups.

We invited Penny and Dave Timmons over for dinner right before they left for Christmas.  I made lasagna, salad, rolls, and squash.  Wow, I haven't cooked for so long.  I definitely need to get back into cooking. 

 We went to the 3 pm service on Christmas Eve and then over to Suzy's for soup.  We picked up burgers for the boys at Burger King. We wrapped up toys and candy in clear cling wrap and the boys tried to open a layer to get the prizes while the next person tried to roll a double on the dice so they could get a turn.  The grand prize was tickets to "Mary Poppins Returns" for the whole family.

Christmas day we spent with Suzy, Tim, and the boys.  It was fun watching them open their gifts.  We went home at 4 pm and took a nap.  We are such party animals.  It was a marvelous Christmas.






post signature

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com