Wednesday, May 09, 2018

The perils of doing a publisher brochure



Ok, I decided I needed to start blogging again just as a daily discipline.  I am spending entirely too much time playing games on my phone, reading, or binge-watching Netflix.  The only things expanding is my hips and waistline from all this inactivity.

I was asked to do a brochure for Global Church Growth on the work in Cuba. " Sure, no problem I can knock it out in a day or two. " (Famous last words).  What started out  "no problem" ended up taking several months of research, trial, and error in processing, and repeated failed attempts at communicating key concepts.

So far there have been 4 revisions and when it all looked good I discovered a margin error.  I foolishly thought, "ok, I'll move it over".  Sounds simple, right?  It would be but I am having trouble finding the last revision on the computer.  What I did find was a PDF version.  I have made the personal discovery that you can not make any corrections on a PDF.  So It looks like this afternoon I get to redo the entire brochure, retyping it, and putting in the pictures and information.  Sigh, you gotta laugh or I would be crying out of frustration.  

Growing old and learning new technology takes time and God must think I need to use my time more productively.
post signature

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com