Thursday, March 23, 2017

Meet Willie Nelson



We have been a one car family since moving to Tennessee.  Our van was 25 years old and mostly used for taking our trash to the dump on a weekly basis or for driving to work if I wasn't planning on spending the whole day at the Mission.

We donated to van to Love, Inc. when we left Virginia.  The thought was we would eventually get another car in Tennessee.  Usually Mr. Wonderful and I do most things together.  He drives and I search Google Maps to get us where we want to go.

As we have met more people and made other commitments we are finding some conflicts in the scheduling of events.  In case of a tie....I always lose.  I would love to tell you that I am always kind, and understanding and that putting my plans on the back burner never bothers me....it wouldn't be true but I would love to tell you that.

I have learned that it is easier to talk to God about the problem than it is to worry, fret and be disagreeable.  I have been praying about this situation for months now and always got the message to wait ....Did I mention that waiting is not one of my stronger spiritual gifts?

One morning Mr. Wonderful walked in the house told me to get my shoes on....we were going to look for used cars.  The men in his Bible study group had told him the best place to go to look for used cars.  When we arrived at the lot Mr. Wonderful told the salesman we were interested in a no frills, and whistles, basic transportation.  I smiled sweetly and said, "Well, not all of us!"  I had noticed 3 VW Beetles when we drove in and was instantly drawn to them.  We were able to test drive a red Beetle that had  standard shift (5 on the floor).

I told the Mr. that I wasn't interested in a standard shift as there are many hills and mountains in Tennessee and I didn't want to have to try to remember to shift, and also look for my exit in a new town.  I also figured out that we are only going to get older and my knees are not as good as they used to be.

We got to test drive the black VW and eventually bought it.  The car is in pristine condition and only had 65,000 miles on it.  I have always wanted a VW bug for the last 43 years but was always shot down for not being practical for a large family.  Now that we are empty nesters it is much more practical and economical.

My friend Becky told me about a blue VW she once owned named Ringo and the mini cooper she drives now she calls Sheldon  Becky loves puns and play on words but it took me about 4 days to figure out Ringo was a Beetle....Sheldon Cooper is a character on the Big Bang Theory.

So meet Willie Nelson....our new to us car.  Yes, I know Willie Nelson is not a Beetle but the first thing I thought about when we purchased him was the Willie Nelson song..."On the Road Again".
I literally have not driven in 5 months...so I can't wait to get on the Road Again.

On the Road Again

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is making music with my friends
And I cant wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turning our way
And our way, is on the road again
Just cant wait to get on the road again
The life I love is making music with my friends
And I cant wait to get on the road again
Songwriters: Willie Nelson
On the Road Again lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
post signature

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com