Friday, August 05, 2016

staging for resale





This is the weather van on top of the Nest.  Several years ago Mr. Wonderful surprised me by buying it for me and actually installing it on the roof.  It is one of the things I will be leaving behind with sadness as we prepare to list and sell our "Nest" .   I know I can take it with me but it is not a" fit" for the house we have purchased in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
    
Yesterday we actually listed the house for sale and now I am anxiously awaiting the pictures of it on the internet.  I know it was not exactly like posing for Better Homes and Gardens but it was a big deal for this girl.  Where is my Joanna Gains when I need her?  Well, actually my Joanna Gains, (our daughter Suzy) was in Tennessee but her presence was felt throughout the house as she and hubby Tim have styled, laid tile, made shelves, installed " built-ins" and updated our 75 year old home for the last 13 years.



I'll miss my cozy desk overlooking my garden, bird feeder, and back yard.  Tim has already graciously offered to build me another in our new home.  He has even decided where it such go in our Tennessee hideaway.  Our cats love to snuggle up beside me while I work on the computer and will miss what Charlie calls "Cat TV" spying on the birds out the window.

As much as I will miss my Country nest I am excited to start this new adventure much closer to our family.  I look forward to volunteering at the boys school, seeing them play sports and being their cheerleader.  

Please pray our home sells quickly.  


http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/620-Battlefield-Rd_New-Hope_VA_24469_M56490-60802#photo32

Check out the listing.  I think it looks pretty good for a 75 year old lady!


post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Daisy, it will sell. It is nothing like ours. We just finally gave up we have room for u here anytime u want to come. Bought a king sized bed just for u two. Praying for your sell.

Melli said...

Praying for your quick sell AND your new adventures in Tennessee!

Jane said...

Praying with you for a quick sell!! You will be a little closer to us......at least until our house sells and we move Florida. But just so you know......you will have a place to visit in Florida ANYTIME!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com