Monday, December 07, 2009

Back from Mom's

This past weekend Mr. Wonderful and I went to Virginia Beach to see my mom. She had a list of items that needed to be repaired, reprogrammed, or replaced. Mr. Wonderful worked through the list in no time and then took her with us to purchase filters and other hardware at Home Depot.


 I write her Christmas letter since she has difficulty with her vision. We ran off address labels for her cards so it would be easier to get them out. She tells me her Christmas list gets shorter every year.

 I love this picture of us. I tell her she looks like Queen Elizabeth. I call her the queen mother! Speaking of being the queen....she is definitely the "Parcheesi Queen". She definitely thoroughly trounced both Mr. Wonderful and I even though I kept trying to move her blockade every time I counted out her moves for her. She didn't let me get away with anything!

We had a great visit. It had been several months since I had seen her. She's been making the rounds. She traveled to Chicago with my sister Barbara to visit baby sister Bev in October and had just returned from a Thanksgiving visit with Barbara in Alabama. Mr. Wonderful and I plan on spending Christmas with mom this year before going up to New York. We returned home to 5 inches of snow!

5 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

Aww - such fun!
Don't you know you never play board games with senior citizens... they always kick your butt!
Our game is scrabble... I get my butt kicked frequently.

Merrie said...

What a great visit! You are blessed that she is so alert and active! My mama could always beat the socks off us in any game we played. Her favorite was Scrabble. I have wondered if we had kept playing games with her if she would have stayed more alert. In her new home they play games all the time with their "memory" patients.

Blesssings!

Carole Burant said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit with your mom and yes, she does look like the Queen!!! lol I thought that before I read what you wrote! It's great that she's able to travel around, I wish my mom would do more of it but until she has her cataracts removed, she's staying close to home. No doubt your mom very much appreciated Mr. Wonderful working on her list of "to do" things:-) xoxo

Melli said...

Sounds like you had a great visit again. Your mom is really amazing... she just keeps going and going and going. I call her the energizer bunny! But she does look a bit like Queen Mum!

Jane said...

What a joy to be able to spend time with your mom. I know she must truly appreciate all the help you and Mr. Wonderful give her.
I sure do miss my mom this time of year.
Love you!

 
design by suckmylolly.com