Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Dozen

1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?

Is competitive eating a sport? Honestly, this is hard. What sport would a senior citizen want to play? I can't see myself playing football, basketball, tennis or volleyball. I'm not an ice skater so the only thing I can think of would be ping-pong or table tennis.

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?

I'm a researcher and agonize over every decision. If this is a major purchase, then it would be a joint decision and Mr. Wonderful is much more diligent at researching than I am.



3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star's name?


Kathleen Peak

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?


My favorite food.... music is much more important to me.

5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?


Pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green.

6. Your favorite tree is?


Weeping Willow

7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech-savvy are you?


maybe a 4

8. Has H1N1 touched your family?

My Canadian daughter already had it and was very sick for over two weeks.

9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?

Analytical? Hmm....not as much as I should be but definitely not Pollyanna.

10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?


I guess I would be a lovable koala.

11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?


Yes, definitely!

12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than in the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?


Whichever lane I think will move the fastest usually based on the ability of the checker.

13 comments:

Merrie said...

HI! So glad to meet you! What fun. Thanks for commenting. I think that we really do have lots in common since my husband is also a minister... our 2 sons are also. I'll be back to read more!
Blessings~

Judy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love the idea of competitive eating!! :)

Baba said...

Good morning , I love your answers.. I would pick Blogging for my sport!! I am like you on making a decision..and I have returned many items after I had them home and did not like them..

I hope that Emma did not catch the H1N1 from her mom..I had the H1n1 vaccine last week..I am high risk with Asthma and Diabetes..

Wishing you and your family a "happy thanksgiving" we will be in Atlanta next week..
Take care, hugs, Baba

Jeanie said...

Thanks for stopping by. I see we both like weeping willows. I look forward to coming back and reading more of what you have to say.

Melli said...

You knOw I'd give up ALL my favorite foods before I'd give up my praise music! I just got Matt Redman's NEW CD two days ago! I don't have them all memorized yet... but I'm workin' on it!

You know... being analytical doesn't really have ANYthing to do with acceptance. I can analyze the heck out a situation, look at all the possibilites -- and then still shrug my shoulders, give it to God, and let HIM handle it! I may know what I would LIKE to happen, and let God know it ... but in the end, I'm praying His will!

Carole Burant said...

Kathleen Peak eh? lol Mine would be Rose Somers! hehe I always love reading your answers to these type of questions, quite often you have me giggling:-) I so love the Weeping Willow but they don't grow in my area, I guess we're too far north. It's one of the reasons I love visiting Niagara Falls, it's a 6 hour drive away from me but they have Weeping Willows there!!!!

So many people have that H1N1 virus! When I was at the Santa Claus parade on Saturday evening with thousands of people around me, I wondered who had the darn flu and was passing it around! Ugh!

Love you to bits!! xoxo

Lucy Marie said...

Thanks for stopping by! It's great to meet you, too. I loved your answers. Neat that you have a Canadian daughter - I'm Canadian too!

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

Your blog is so cute I love that it's "snowing" daisies! Fun answers too.

Angie said...

Ping Pong - check out my video; there's hope for all of us who'd like to improve our skills.

Kathleen Peak - not bad! She could really have her choices of roles, you know.

Agree to # 5 and # 6.

Enjoyed your answers.

Kim said...

Loved your answer to #1 - wish I'd thought of that :-) Sounds like we're a lot alike in many ways. I so enjoy this meme and reading everyone's answers! I usually find myself smiling so much that by the time I'm done I can't stop :-)

Bekah said...

I also chose the weeping willow, and I am betting you have enough spunk to pick up a sport or two if you wanted!

Mocha with Linda said...

Fun answers - but LOL competitive eating would be your sport, but you'd keep music over food?!

Susanne said...

Competitive eating. LOL. Too funny.

 
design by suckmylolly.com