Monday, November 23, 2009

Lint from my brain.....




Does Lint from your Brain lead to Fuzzy Thinking?


This past Sunday at church we had a group of 9 ladies that sang" the Doxology" acappella in three part harmony. It was so moving that I could have easily said a prayer and left, feeling like I had indeed been to church and met with God.

Why is it that we so seldom listen to the words? They are so appropriate for the Thanksgiving season. I remember singing "the Doxology" every Sunday as a child growing up in the Baptist church. These are the words:

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

It reminded me to stop and reflect on the blessings that I take for granted on a daily basis.


2. Hydrophobia? Foaming at the mouth? I started using a new tooth paste called Sensodyne Iso-Active foaming gel, and guess what? It really does foam! It does get into all the small areas that are sensitive and really helps. I do have one sensitive tooth that occasionally will act up that makes me a soprano. I've now carry Orajel in my pocket just in case. I really know how uncomfortable it is for our grandson while he is teething. Poor baby! Just a thought!




3. It occurred to me that if I was a bird I would probably look just like this. Tiny wings, skinny legs but a big butt and gut and a pronounced mouth. The haircut even looks like me! I love this stuffed bird , the vibrant color, cartoon effect, and if it were real it would probably flap it's wings a lot and make very little head way. Hey,I told you this was lint from brain! Just a thought!

4.


Aren't these just the cutest cookies ever? I could probably decorate these and have them come out right. I find it fascinating that my mom loves candy corn, I love candy corn and I just found out that my youngest daughter loves it too.....heredity or bad taste? Just a thought?

5. Thanksgiving for lazy daisies.....Stouffer's Holiday Collections (Broccoli, cheese augratin ) Cedder Bacon Potatoes, Glazed apples and cranberries, , Bob Evans sweet pototes, and Boston Market Turkey Medalions. No fuss, no hassel, less than 15 minutes. Mr. Wonderful says the most traveling he wants to do is from the kitchen to the dinning room. Just a thought!

6 comments:

Melli said...

One year for Thanksgiving we got a 6 foot sub! Yup! Amanda was not home that year. SHE is the one responsible for making US have a traditional meal. Of course, now that she has Luz, it IS important to train her up right! But I could be quite happy with BP&J. Okay - on toast!

Watch OUT for those sensitive teeth! Mine started out like that - and THEN you know what happened! LOL! Take good GOOD care of them!

That bird reminds me of you too! He's all cute and huggable! Daisy? Don't MOST birds have little wings and skinny legs - with a big butt, belly and a LOT of mouth? I'm just sayin'.... I'm lookin' out my window at the feeding birds and they pretty much all fit that description! Well... they do GET somewhere when they spread their wings. Maybe your little bird has his wings clipped so he'd stay put!

Those are indeed cute cookies ... but I would pick off the candy corn and give them to Derek before I ate the cookie!

You know... I think I probably have a good sum of lint on my own brain - but I can't get to it from the cobwebs! Darn!


OH!

The backwards statement? Aren't we ALL a little backwards by our age? That's what MY kids tell me!

Jeanie said...

I have alway loved the "Doxology",
in fact, I love so many of the old church songs. I always knew all the words, probably because I can't carry a tune, so I had to have something.

Carole Burant said...

Oh great, now you're foaming at the mouth!!! hehe I haven't heard of this new toothpaste but I guess it's because I don't have sensitive teeth and never needed to buy sensodyne. lol

Awwww if you were that bird, you'd be a darling lovable birdie. I have no butt but I'm top heavy so I'd probably be one of those dunking bobbing head birds...remember those? lol

Those cookies are so adorable! Would you believe I had never tasted candy corn until about 2 years ago...once I did, I loved it!!

I love Stouffer's meals...I'll be right over for Thanksgiving:-) xoxo

Amber Star said...

I'm so glad you put the "right" words to the Doxology on here. About a year or so ago we attended a Methodist Church and they have a WHOLE other doxology. I, not knowing this, started singing the real doxology and got weird looks and then I realized they were singing other words. I don't know if I was in a different sect of Methodists or what. It freaked me out pretty good. When I was little I visited a lot of family and friends. I must have been a handful. So anyway I think maybe I hung out in the Baptist church more than the Methodist one. I wanted a hymnal and went to half price books and the Baptist one had the songs I remember. Ain't that some brain lint.

After a while I threw up my hands and converted to Catholisism which didn't last long. Lots of catechism and not much understanding. I made a poor choice in husbands and we parted ways 2 and a half years later...and two children. But we were NOT right for each other at all. Once a priest offered to get me an anullment so I could marry my present sane husband with whom we have another child, but it wasn't going to happen. He would never be Catholic and I thought it was weird, since they considered it a mortal sin and all.

Anyway, happy thanksgiving and enjoy the minimalist work involved in your thanksgiving dinner. We are doing something similar, and I am very grateful for that.

There is my brain lint for you.

Amber Star said...

Oh yes...candy corn is a delicacy around here, but I try to stay away from it as much as possible :)

Jane said...

"The Martins", a southern gospel group, sing a rendition of The Doxology acapella and it is absolutely gorgeous! It is a beautiful song.
Foaming at the mouth.....it's a whole new you!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com