Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wordless Wednesday...Stacked Chairs

I work at a mission that recycles, reuses, and refurbishes everything from furniture to to computers and kitchen ware. Warehousing donated item some times becomes a nightmare.
I was looking for a picture of " stacked chairs" and this is what I found.

This amazing art installation was made by Colombian sculptor Doris Salcedo for the International Instanbul Biennale in 2003. She used over 1,550 chairs stacked on an empty lot between two buildings!"

With my luck someone would want to buy one on the the bottom of the stack!

5 comments:

Gattina said...

and I thought you were giving a party !

Baba said...

Wow... I thought the chairs belonged to you...a cool looking shot!!I hope you are having a great day..
Hugs, Baba

Melli said...

LOL! In some countries it's ART! In others? It's the DUMP! I wonder which the neighbors thought it was...

Carole Burant said...

So that's where my chairs went to! hehe Now that sure is an awful lot of chairs, wow! It never ceases to amaze me what some people think of doing!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy this is me, Sandy's Mother. I tried emailing you and the message came right back to me today. So Sandy told me to try your blog site. So here I am. I just wanted to say I am glad you are going to go see Sandy as she is so happy you are coming too. You take good care of her when you get there, as I would like to be her nurse, but we do not travel very far anymore. So give her a big hug and hiss when you see her for me and take good care of her and keep me informed how she is doing. Thanks to friends like you and do have a good trip and enjoy your time in Savannah. Love & Hugs Jeri & Dale Smith

 
design by suckmylolly.com