Monday, February 16, 2009

All About ME ME ME.....


"Home is where the heart is" so this weekend I followed my heart home to Virginia Beach to visit with my mom. We left the mission at noon, went home, packed, took care of the animals, had lunch, went to the library to snag an audiobook, filled the tank, and set off.


The audiobook I snagged was called The Christmas Train by David Baldacci. Yes, I know it's not Christmas but bear in mind I had to find an audiobook that would keep both of our interest. Mr. Wonderful loves trains, and this is a story about a journalist who rides from the East Coast to the West Coast on a train (because he has been banned from flying commercially for 2 years). He decides he can write about his experience on the train to pay for the trip. The characters are colorful and of course, there are delightful twists and turns along the way. It kept our interest all the way there and back. The book was read by Tim Matheson who is a fabulous reader, changing his voice for all the characters.

My Mom is 82 and still very active in her church and weekly Bible Study. Mr. Wonderful fixed a few things around the house for her, and she was thrilled. (He's a right handy fellow to have around). Mom rewarded him by making all our favorite foods and he rewarded her by eating them all. We also got to do some shopping in some of our favorite haunts in Virginia Beach. We left after church on Sunday.

Saturday was Valentine's Day so Mr. Wonderful (being the wise and wonderful man that he is...) bought me chocolate. Dark Intense Chocolate...rich in antioxidants. I was rather anxious to dig in. Never fear dear reader, I did share. If you know me at all, you know this girl loves chocolate. Check out a former post here if you need any convincing.

Sunday was Mr. Wonderful birthday. My mom made him a fruit pizza. He was thrilled and tried to convince me that fruit is healthy. (He forgets about the cream cheese, and sugar cookie dough base, not to mention the glaze!) His sister makes him a shoo-fly pie every year for his birthday, so he made sure we checked the mailbox to see if it had arrived before leaving town. It was and he is a happy camper. He cuts thin slices and rations it out, so it lasts. He always gives me the first bite! What a man!

One year ago, today I had lap band surgery. Can you tell me any difference? I've lost 55 pounds. I still have a long way to go but now there is hope at the end of the tunnel. I'm making better choices and learning how to eat much slower. I hope to lose the same amount of weight this year (more if I'm able). My goal is "Lose your behind in 2009".

Well, this is probably more information than what you want to know. Hope your weekend was a great adventure and you were treasured by all those who love you.

7 comments:

Amber Star said...

Gosh it has been a whole year! I hadn't realized it had been that long since Melli told me about your surgery. I'm so glad you are losing the weight in a good way and staying healthy. I'm on an enforced diet and I'm losing a little, too. It has been 2 months since I've eaten beef and only 3 oz. of chicken per day.

Your Mr. Wonderful and mine are good guys...and smart guys, too to get us chocolate for Valentine's day. :)

Hope you have a wonderful day and it was a good thing to see your mother and spend time with her on Valentine's Day weekend.

Amber Star said...

It's me again...you post title reminded me so much of a Toby Keith song. Here is the link to listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYrlzEUuBIM

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Guess it has been a year already..well time flies fast..I have figured this week if you want a week to last a long time...do like I have done with Curves..try staying on a 1200 calorie diet for a week and it is the LONGEST week that I have had...You look thinner in your face for sure..wow!! Good for you...

Linda said...

Time sure does fly by quickly. You are looking great. Keep up the good work. My new gradbaby shares a birthday with Mr. Wonderful.

Melli said...

To US it seems the year has flown by --- I'm sure it hasn't passed quite so quickly for you. And I know you've had some frustration along the way -- but 55 pounds is a GOOD chunk o' change -- and yea - it's definitely showing! You're doing GREAT kiddo!

Gattina said...

I was looking for your feet, I thought your pariticpated in Fun Monday too. Instead I see a picture of your mother, she looks great !!

Jane said...

What an outstanding update!!! Interesting as always.
Your mom is amazing. You have good genes! And what a man you have...candy AND the first bite of his birthday pie...can't beat that.
I cannot beLIEVE it has been a year since you're surgery! You look WONDERFUL! I love your theme for 2009! I think it could catch on.
Love you girl and MISS YOU!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com