Friday, December 19, 2008

Making my list....checking it twice!


I'm home today getting ready to leave bright and early for New York. My girls (Becky and Emma) arrived without any difficulties because of the weather. They were happy to be in front of a major snow event in Canada. Becky says flying brings out the best and worst of people. One gentleman carried her bag for her and helped her through customs while others were disgruntled at the antics of an active toddler.

Emma is getting used to new surroundings and getting acquainted with tiny cousin Oscar. I'm hoping to add to the excitement soon.

Can you smell the cookies baking? You know it can't be Christmas without Boy Wonder's favorite cookies Oatmeal Scotchies. I couldn't find our favorite Archway tea cake cookies, so I baked a batch to take with us. I still have fudge to make, ginger snaps, and a list of things to pack that keeps on growing. I'm not sure how Santa keeps up with everything do you? I've made my list and happily am checking off items.

I can assure you of lots of pictures. On Monday, we have the family portrait made with the entire family except Jerry who couldn't get off work.

Keep us in your prayers. We are heading into snow and ice but also love hugs and giggles. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and are surrounded by those you love the best.

7 comments:

Talk..to..Grams said...

Wishing you a wonderful and Blessed Christmas! You will have such a good time seeing the grands!! How fun is this!! Praying your trip is safe!! Love and Hugs Grams

Melli said...

YOU are goooood! I haven't done all that baking in YEARS! I am thinking of making some fudge this year though... maybe. You are all prayed up!!! Have a BLAST!!! And kiss all those babies cheeks for me!

Jane said...

My sweet friend, you are prayed up and I hope you have a deliriously happy time spoiling those sweet grandbabies!!!
I can't wait to see the pictures.
Have a blessed Christmas with your family.

Carmen said...

Merry, merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy your holidays.

Linda said...

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!!!!

Carole Burant said...

May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through! Merry Christmas to you and yours, dear Daisy! xoxo

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I bet you are having one of the BEST Christmases ever!! We just finished dishes!! The problem here is the cold weather. Our motor home is frozen up!! WE also lost our dolly as it fell apart right as we got to Tuscola...Now we have to figure out how to fix it or to rent a new one. Have to get the car home somehow!! What a trip. The temps have been below 0 and just awful. Take care and have a fun time...

 
design by suckmylolly.com