Thursday, November 06, 2008

You're not hurt unless you need stitches


This is Mr. Wonderful's toe. He was loading scrap metal in a truck today and a volley ball standard slipped and crushed his big toe. The toe is broken and he had a deep gash in the toe nail bed. We were fortunate that the ER doc is also an orthopedist so he removed the toe nail and stitched up the toe.

My man is on antibiotics and pain killers right now so is feeling no pain. He will be out of commission till Monday (even if I have to sit on him to keep him down!)

Your big toe is used for balance and load bearing so he will need to follow up with an orthopedist next week to see if the bone is healing well. So if you are looking for me....I'll be the one playing Florence Nightingale.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry about Mr. Wonderful. He must be glad he's married to a nurse.

Jennifer said...

Oh my GOODNESS! You should warn people before you post that kinda stuff!! OUCH!!!
I hope that he recovers quickly!!!!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

That brings back very painful memories for me. I broke my big toe in 2004 and had to get stitches (did not lose my toenail though) and wear a lovely black boot for about 6 weeks. Poor guy, hope he heals quickly! It doesn't look like it is his driving foot (unless he has a standard) so that is a good thing. You take good care of Mr. Wonderful as I know you will.

mompoet said...

Ouch! Volleyball is supposed to be good for you, Daisy! Please tell Mr. Wonderful to get well soon.
mp

Carmen said...

Ok, OW!

I can't believe you had the presence of mind to snap a photo. I'd have probably been passed out. :)

Ladybug Crossing said...

ummm... ow?

Hope he heals quickly.

I thought you were Florence Nightingale -- reincarnated.

xo
LBC

Melli said...

Ohhhhhhhh poor Mr. Wonderful! I am sO sorry! He is prayed up for quick healing. I know he's got the best nurse on the planet to take care of him!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Oh Ouch!! That looks awful...Well he just keeps getting himself hurt in some way or the other..Wow!! You may have to sit on him but then again if his balance is off maybe not..take care..

Patsy said...

That looks aweful! I hope he is doing okay. I know you will be a great nurse.

Thanks for dropping by the other day. I'm just now getting around to folks.

Jane said...

Bless his heart. That looks exTREMEly painful. But, hey, I am experienced nurse so if you need backup just give me a call!!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com