Saturday, November 08, 2008

I'm so spoiled....


I'm used to Mr. Wonderful fixing me coffee in the morning and bringing it to my bedside. I'm used to Mr. Wonderful feeding the cats and putting wood in the outside heater first thing in the morning so the house is toasty warm when I wake. I'm used to having a strong arm to lift and tote and carry out the trash.

I'm not used to having to do all this by myself. I'm not used to changing dressings on his foot and bringing him medication. I haven't had to sit on him to keep him down but he is already tired of not being able to do all the projects that are calling his name.

I will be lucky to keep him down till Monday. He is trying not to take pain medication as it makes him nauseated. So he is occasionally using Advil for the spasms that creep up on him.

I definitely think we will be looking for steel toe safety shoes when he is more mobile. I'm sure he is getting better because he is getting cranky now. (Always a sure sign of improvement!) Keep him in your prayers and me too! I have been forced to do some of his tasks and am quite impressed with what an Amazon Woman I can be when forced to cope on my own.

Who Knew? Maybe I'm not such a pampered poodle after all?

8 comments:

Melli said...

LOL! I wouldn't go THAT far now! You are definitely the pampered poodle! And don't worry ... you will be again! But even Your Pamperedness knows how to dig a hole under that fence when ya have to! I'm sure you'll clean up beautifully when the job is done! Charlie ... and you... are in my prayers!

Unknown said...

Word, girl. Tim's hernia surgery almost KILLED me with the chores. I never realized all the things my man does. (I hate taking out the trash.) You make sure that dad gets some steel toes boots. I thought he had some!

Jane said...

Hey, we pampered poodles need to stick together!!
I do think the steel toed shoes will be a very good idea.. I'm sure Mr. Wonderful doesn't want to go through THIS again.

Unknown said...

Wow, you better get him well soon!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well you know that we both really rely on our hubbies I know that I do mine too!! When he is down then I have all of those things to do that I really do not want to do...Lately it has been me getting behind.so Charlie and I would keep both company!! Now I think that i am having problems with my medication. We upped it and i think it is making me a mess...Oh well.what is new...Miss you guys

Baba said...

Well... we are good women and nurses to take care of our husbands..I have been taking care of Fred ,as he has been trying to pass a kidney stone over the last few days..it sure does cause severe pain...I have been forcing him to drink plenty of water..the Doc. said to drink a beer and it would flush out the kidney faster...a pain pill and a beer would knock him on his butt!!

I am going to pick up my mom and head to church..have a good day and give Mr. Wonderful my blessings.....hugs, Baba

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I am sure you will be able to revert back to your Pampered Poodle self once the crisis has passed. A pair of Steel Toed Boots with a big Red Bow will look awesome under the Christmas tree! Mr. Wonderful should be doing a lot better in a few more days but that toe is going to hurt for a long, long time, especially when it is cold....I am so glad I live in TX!

Hope you both get some rest!

mompoet said...

Hang in there, Daisy! You and Mr. Wonderful are lucky to have each other. In the meantime, I'm getting a giggle, thinking of you as Amazon Woman of the trash tote. Prayers for you both are going out from my house.
mp

 
design by suckmylolly.com