Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday Seven....Back in the Daisy Patch


Sunday Seven....Back in the Daisy Patch

1. I'm back home! Praise the Lord ( and my little sis) for the opportunity to spend a week with Oscar and his mom.

 Yesterday my day started at 3:45 A.M. and I found that Laguaria Airport is not difficult at 4 in the morning. Tim helped me with the electronic boarding passes and security isn't very busy early in the morning. What I thought would be my biggest hassle turned out to be really easy.

2. Most of my day was spent at Dulles Airport in D.C. There is only one flight a day that goes into our airport(Shenandoah) and after a two hour delay it was canceled. My sister (watching over me from Ohare's computer) got me on another flight to Charlottesville which left at 12:45. I arrived safely but my bag is still on vacation.

3. Mr. Wonderful met me at the airport and after reporting my "run-away-bag" took me to Chick-fil-a for a late lunch of chicken nuggets and a shared brownie with ice cream. That made me do a "happy dance" but he also surprised me with several home projects that he completed that I had almost given up on. I should go away more often! Yeah Mr. Wonderful!!

 4. It's good to be home with my cats, my bed, and my man! I got to sleep all night long! What a treat! I forgot what it is like when you have a new baby. I took the early morning shift so Suzy could catch a few winks. 

5. I have lots of pictures of Emma that Becky posted. Isn't she a doll? She looks so adorable. Becky says she kept the wig and hat on the entire time. Becky also had a small Raggedy Anne that Emma carried with her. Emma loved the attention and the chocolate (can you tell we are related?) I'm working on a scrapbook for My Little Raggedy Girl! 

6. Speaking of my Canadian Girls.....Becky and Emma will be flying to New York for Christmas. Jerry can't get away but we are so thrilled to be able to get both grands together. You know there will be lots of fun, food and photos. This is the last time Emma can fly without having to purchase a seat for her. Her second birthday is in January.

7. I got to be a part of some of Oscar's firsts. I got to be his first babysitter so his parents could celebrate their first date as mommy and daddy. I had a wonderful, fun-filled time that ended all too quickly. I'm looking forward to having both grands to love on and spoil rotten over Christmas. I love being a Diva to Emma and Oscar. Hope your week went well. I think I may have found my missing spirit of adventure . I still don't like to travel by myself but I don't think it will be my last outing. Dim the lights, cue the music, and exit thankfully for another busy and memorable week.

5 comments:

Susan said...

What fun you are going to have with BOTH of them at Christmas! It's so hard to believe that Emma is going to be TWO...in some ways it seems like she's been here forever and in others, just yesterday. So glad your travels went well. You've been in my prayers.

Hugs,

Susan

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

What a great Christmas that you guys are going to have!! I so envy this and you will love it..Nothing like little ones at Christmas. Mike and I are talking about going back to illinois..We would have to miss madison and Garrett here but well you know...I am glad that you are back home!! Have fun being home again..Bet Charlie is happy!!

Melli said...

Yea... it just gets easier with practice! See? Pray for a spirit of adventure - and you'll get many opportunities to practice!!! RIGHT??? Isn't that how it works? Oh I hope... can you pray for one even if you already have one? Maybe I could get TWO spirits of adventure! (do you see the cogs turning???)

I am sO mad at myself! I prayed YOU completely up and completely FORGOT to pray for your luggage! It's all MY fault... I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

And then... come see my new kitchen!

Jane said...

I am so glad you are home safe and sound. I know Suzy loved having you there even though it was QUITE a sacrifice for you!! (LOLOLOLOL)
Thanks for letting us enjoy it with you through pictures.
Love and miss you!

Carole Burant said...

Welcome home, dear Daisy:-) Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and it's no wonder...that little Oscar is so adorable!! Emma is just a darling as well in her Raggedy Ann costume:-) Both precious grandbabies!! I can well imagine how ecstatic you were to hear that you'll have them home for Christmas:-) xoxo

 
design by suckmylolly.com