Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good Times in Alabama

We had a wonderful long weekend with my sister Bobbie, brother-in-law Joe, my nephew Phil and his wife Gretchen and boys Jay and Reid.

Mr. Wonderful and I had never met Gretchen and the boys and we feel in love with them instantly. What a sweet family. We even adored Jessie their yellow lab.

The weather has been beautiful and Bobbie's house nicer than any resort I have even been in. I love her wrap around porch and spent some relaxing down time just enjoying the peaceful sounds of nature.

We toured some plantation homes in Eufalia where several scenes from the movie "Sweet Home Alabama " was filmed. We leave tomorrow early in the morning for the long trek home. Pray us home, you've done a great job so far. More later.

6 comments:

Melli said...

You are PRAYED indeed! I've got some prayin' for YOU to do too! Email me when ya get home!

MaR said...

It sounds wonderful, LD! have a safe trip home !

Jane said...

Be safe on the trip home. I saw you wave when you came through here...wave again on the way back!!!
Loved the photo of your sister and her family. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit.

Talk..to..Grams said...

I am so glad you had a great time! Praying you will be safe on your way home! Hugs, Grams

Susan said...

Praying here sweet friend. And sending you hugs and love too.

:-) susan

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Glad that you had a wonderful trip..we did too. Sounds like your sister has a beautiful home!! That is wonderful. need to get to bed now...miss you..Sandy

 
design by suckmylolly.com