Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sunday Seven..,Reflection and Anticipation


Sunday Seven....a time of reflection and anticipation


1. During the last couple of weeks I've been trying to catch up on all the prayer letters that have been sent to the mission over the last six months and pray over them. I remember specifically praying that God would let my heart break over the things that break His heart. I've since begun to agree with a quote from Charles Spurgeon, "Tears are liquid prayers that carry a lot of weight at the throne of grace."

2. We are looking forward to filling a container for Ethiopia this weekend with library shelving, bunk beds, doors, and books. We are expecting a group of "20-somethings" to help load it from Savannah. We are planning on taking them out to the Blue Nile afterward for Ethiopian food. I've never had Ethiopian Food, so I am excited about the experience.

3. I'm excited about getting back to a regular schedule now that it is fall. This is my favorite season of the year so I'm anticipating the fall colors, cooler days, and beautiful mums and pumpkins. Fall always makes me smile.

4. I just started a new Bible Study at Church that looks like it will be really interesting. It's by Beth Moore and called, "Believing God....experiencing a fresh explosion of faith". This Study is every other week, so I have two weeks to get my homework done and it is an opportunity to get to know the women in my church.

5. Our Suzy is now a lady in waiting. She is officially on maternity leave at 38 weeks. Our blue jellybean is prayerfully anticipated almost any time now. Please continue to lift them up in your prayers.


6. I'm finally getting full very quickly. It's been 6 months in the making but
I'm finally eating a lot less and staying full longer. I'm starting to say Whoa much faster and making better food choices. I'm hoping that with increased exercise I will start losing weight a little faster.


7. This picture is Mr. Wonderful's family whom we recently met up with in Richmond. These are his brothers Jay, James, and Big Sis Anne. Happy Birthday wishes go out to her today. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful creative si. She is such a love! (Just wish she didn't live so far away in Kansas.)

I haven't done a Sunday Seven in a long time, and you know this girl loves lists. Hope your week goes well and you are surprised with delightful anticipation and fun.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Being thankful is a good thing and you have much for which to give thanks. I am rejoicing with you.
Come on over to my place and check out Zoe's birthday!!!

Melli said...

Awesome 7 my friend. Yoiu know, it got me thinking... Ethiopia has been in trouble for as long as I've been alive. I can remember friends doing mission work in Ethipia when I was a KID... I'm adding them to my prayer list! Let me know how that Ethiopian food is! I've never had it either. And... would you email me your address to my gmail addy? I'm having trouble with my Comcast mail on my laptop -- I don't know what I did wrong. But if you still want her, I'll send Ella out in a few days -- not much hapening in OC this time of year! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com