Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen...Wishes for our grandson

13 Things I hope our new grandson inherits from his parents!


The race is on.....in about one month our brand new grandson will be making his debute appearance on planet earth. Here is a list of 13 things that we hope "tiny Tim" will inherit from his parents Tim and Suzy.



1. Your innocence and vulnerability......sent fresh from God. I hope you will come to know Jesus at an early age and trust Him all the days of your life. I know your parents will guide you and help you all through life.






2. Your love of company.....especially in the middle of the night. Your Momma and I had many late night chats when she was a baby. Take pity on your parents okay?





3. You cuteness factor......from your handsome daddy and your gorgeous Momma.






4. Technology from your techno- savvy Dad and your web site building momma. I bet you will be able to teach your Diva a trick or two.







5. A love of animals (especially cats) from your Momma and Daddy. Wait till you meet Pan and Juno the kitties that live with you.







6. A love for games like your Momma. She loved to play games and would even make your Uncle Andy play "Sweet Valley High" as the "ugly girl" when they were children.








7. A love of camping and grilling out from your Daddy. Your dad is a really good cook too. I bet he will be glad to teach you.








8. A love of costumes, Halloween, and acting from your Momma as well as your Dad. Your Momma even makes costumes for the cats.







9. Artistic ability from your Momma. Your momma is one of the most creative people I know. She can create costumes, bulletin boards, scrapbooks and decorate a room or coordinate a wedding, baby shower or Halloween party.






10. A spirit of adventure from your daddy. Tim has been known to jump off a roof and climb to great heights much to the horror of your grandmother.







11. A love of shopping and being able to bargain and barter from your momma. Suzy loved to go to garage sales with your Papa from the time she was a little girl. I bet your Papa will take you to a garage sale too.







12. A love for reading from your daddy the scholar and your momma the librarian.







13. A tender, compassionate and loving heart. Both of your parents have an amazing capacity for kindness and compassion.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





24 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Finally my Lazy Daisy is back in the blogging world!! YES!!This is what I have been missing for a long long time now. I have always loved reading your blogs in fact you of course, are one of the reasons that I myself started!! Keep up the great writing!! I love your picture of you and your sister..How sweet!!

Thanks again for getting back to blogging..I think I can speak for several of us..we have MISSED YOU!!

Love Ya

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Congratulations on the new grandchild and all the best wishes too. :-)

SandyCarlson said...

Congratulations! May this child cherish the love that comes his way from his grandma!

Emma Sanders said...

Great list! Congrats on your grandson!

Jane said...

Amen and amen!!!

bernieg1 said...

Congrats on the new arrival. Babies are always such a joy.

13 Top Books for Muslim Children

Melli said...

Ahhhhhh YES! With all those good qualities floatin' about, this boy baby is gonna be PERFECT! Simply perfect! :) (not to mention cute!)

Gattina said...

That's an adorable list !

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and beautiful tribute to your grandson. Makes me want to hassle my parents and mother-in-law into doing something similar for my son! :)

Thank you for sharing this. I feel all warm and fuzzy, and it sounds like your grandson already has everything he needs--parents and a grandma who adore him.

Linked URL is my current TT.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet list of wishes :) loved the little pictures at the side... I'm sure Jesus will make all your dreams come true! happy TT!

Unknown said...

Awwh. That was sweet, momma. Thanks.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Awww I hope you print this for the baby book how sweet of you

Anonymous said...

Awww... what a sweet list. You should print it out and put it in a hope chest for your new grandbaby.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. I have a video of my 3 month all G-son "talking." I click on it every now and then for a fix.

Anonymous said...

wow... mazeltov... congratulations.. what a blessing

hugs
gp in montana

Linda said...

I think all little boys has #10 built into them. Anyway I know my grandsons are like that.

Michelle said...

What a sweet list. I loved it. Congrats on becoming grandparents. Thanks for stopping by my TT and Happy TT to you.

YellowRose said...

This is a wonderful TT!! So beautifully written, as always. I love it! And I love that you are BACK!!!

Art Is Life, Life Is Art said...

WONDERFUL LIST!!! :o)
CONGRATS TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY!

Joy Renee said...

what wonderful hopes for the coming bundle of joy. and what a tribute to his parents.

thanx for visiting my Joy Sayings list

Carole Burant said...

Oh Daisy, such a wonderful list of wishes for your new grandson to be!! I hope with all my heart that every wish and more comes true:-) xoxo

Baba said...

I love your wishes for your grandson and think you should frame this and hang it on his nursery wall...for all to enjoy reading everyday...
Love ya, hugs.. Baba

Anonymous said...

Oh what lovely lovely wishes for your grandchild...i so love the image that went along with each item.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderfully sweet post! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com