Friday, June 20, 2008

Life after Emma


My Canadians left yesterday and arrived safely home after a very long day. Emma was teething (2 year molers) so had a really rough day. As you might remember, when baby has a bad day so do the parents. I'm sure glad they will have some recovery time before heading back to jobs.

Today, I'm putting away toys, cribs, high chairs and reminders of a toddler. I'm catching up with the laundry and missing my babies.

We stopped by the library last night and I picked up some biographies about Ben Franklin as we are planning a trip to Philadelphia for our 35th Anniversary (July 14th). I also picked up a copy of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. (I've decided to read all 6 of her novels this summer.)

I miss my helper (Emma) so I had to water the flowers and check the bird feeder all by myself. I also had to admire the dancing ribbons in the breeze and swing on the porch swing without a buddy. It makes me sad to see the baby swing under the tree waiting for a little one to come swing.

Life after Emma is definitely a lot less entertaining. Dancing by yourself is not nearly as much fun.

8 comments:

Amber Star said...

That's just the saddest thing for you. It leaves an empty little place in our heart for a while. When I look at my grandson's tree swing in the backyard it makes me think how he will be back to swing in it again pretty soon. He is visiting his other grandparents in Georgia now.

YellowRose said...

You are going through Emma withdrawal...I'm so sorry! I'm so glad you got the time with them you did...just think it won't be long till you will be together again. ;) Miss you.

Baba said...

Good morning Girlfriend, I know your pain and empty feeling you get when, our grands leave us and go back home..I wish one day to live in the same city as my little grands.. we miss out on so much...I will be back in Atlanta in two weeks , when Emma has her tonsils taken out and tubes put in her ears..she is having a hard time hearing us with so much fluid in her ears..Give her a little prayer on July 1st for a good recovery and for medicine to help with her pain...

Wow... you are looking great in your blue jeans..keep doing what you are doing..I have got to start eating better and take control of my junk eating pattern...

I have off to Wal-mart with Fred-- let me go get dressed...
Love ya, Baba

Baba said...

ps.. I mean I am off to Wal-Mart...
Baba

Melli said...

Oh tis sad! Tis very very sad! :( I think you should meet me in Ocean City for a few days... take your mind off things! We can go climb stuff! And pick crabs! :) Well... it's ONE solution... (((Hugs))) Love you!

Carole Burant said...

Happy to hear they got home safe and sound but awwww, I can well imagine how empty the place feels with them gone. I'm sure little Emma is also missing you!! xoxo

Jane said...

Isn't it amazing how those precious little ones grab hold of our hearts!!!
I know you are missing her. We were so glad to see our little Zoe when we got home.
I love this picture of the two of you.
Missing you!!!

Linda said...

Doesn't the house seem so quite after the grands leave? It's amazing how much life a little one can bring to a home. I know you miss her terribly.

 
design by suckmylolly.com