Friday, May 30, 2008

Second Full Day with Emma

Emma loves bubbles so naturally her Poppa had to buy her a bubble gun. She likes to pop them and is pretty good at blowing them too. It was fun to watch her chase the bubbles in the wind.

Yesterday was a catch up day for sleep. Jet lag hit mom and dad pretty hard. Emma hasn't adjusted to the time change and new bed yet either so has been very restless and waking frequently. You know if baby doesn't sleep neither do Mom and Dad!

Berry picking is scheduled for this afternoon. I think Becky was a migrant worker in another life. I've never seen any one who can pick berries faster than she can. My mouth is already watering for field ripen berries.


Ever the educator, Poppa had to show Emma all the different trees in the back yard and explain each one to her. She liked the feel of the leaves except for the pine needles. She was attracted to the Maple leaves....do you think it's because she partly Canadian?




Outdoors can be exhausting and even little explorers need a break. Poppa and Diva did our best to wear her out. Why do they call it babysitting.....you never get to sit?

Mom and Dad took a much needed break to go to a movie and dinner while we took charge of the little one. We got lots of smiles, and stole lots of kisses. Bath time was fun, but cuddle time was even better.

Check back with us tomorrow and see our"berry special" girl in the Strawberry Patch.

4 comments:

Melli said...

She & Poppa really do have a great love affair going, don't they? I guess she & Diva do too! I love seeing him in that role though - very sweet! He's such a good man! How in the WORLD did you do bath time with that knee of yours? Is it THAT much better??? If so, I'm REALLY impressed now!!! You guys have a great time at the berry patch today... I'm just sitting home babysitting the AC Team! At least Tammy came and took Mom out for the day!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

What sweet pictures and what sweet times you two are having with Miss Emma!! i am happy that you are getting to be there with her. Like Melli, I like the pictures of Mr. Wonderful with Miss Emma!! They are really good!! What fun and what memories. i am so glad that you are posting so that we all can see too...Sandy

Unknown said...

what a wonderful post about special times..these pics are just wonderful as well

Carole Burant said...

I just can't believe how much she's grown, what a sweetheart she is! I've so enjoyed reading your last couple of posts and finding out what you have all been up to:-) Sounds like a lot of fun is being had...I know how much you are enjoying having Miss Emma there!!! Give her an extra cuddle for me:-)

When you get a chance, come over to my blog to enter my giveaway:-) xoxo

 
design by suckmylolly.com