Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ten on Tuesday....Superstions, Traditons and personal Quirks





  1. Tradition-I always make Advent Calendars for my family and friends. I personalize each one with encouragements, or things I admire about each one. It takes forever but it is something very special that I love to do.
  2. Tradition-Since we have grown children and our grand baby is still young we open our gifts Christmas Eve after church, stay up late, and sleep in Christmas Day.
  3. Quirk-I get annoyed when I've been watching a movie for the last two hours and someone comes in at the last 5 minutes and wants to know the entire plot.
  4. Quirk-I hate having items put on my desk chair when I come to work. Put it on the desk, I'll see it ...trust me, that's why I clean off my desk before leaving every night.
  5. Quirk-I sleep with one foot out from under the covers. It's like a personal thermostat...if I get cold I slip it back under the blanket.
  6. Quirk- I take my own pillow with me whenever I travel.
  7. Quirk- I worked the night shift at the hospital for 25 years so I tend to be "a night owl " versus my hubby who is a "morning lark".
  8. Quirk-I really get annoyed when I'm really into a movie and some one wants to talk to me or make comments through out the entire film. (Grrrrr!)
  9. Quirk-Mr. Wonderful always brings me coffee in bed in the morning since he gets up before I do. When he's not home I miss that morning ritual the most.
  10. Tradition- We believe in celebrating life. Birthdays, Good Hair Days, Holidays, Survival Days, Lunch with Friends, Barnes and Noble Dates, Ice Cream Cone Capers, Mother's Day, Father's day, Ground Hog day etc.

13 comments:

storyteller said...

I enjoyed your list. I sleep with one foot out like you do and ALWAYS take my Tempurpedic pillow with me because I can’t sleep w/o it … and thought I was the only one. Who knew?

I combined ToT with Heads or Tails again this week at Small Reflections … using the latter to as a way to ‘revisit’ some of my earliest blog posts and remind myself just why I entered the Blogosphere in the first place. Hugs and blessings,

ShannonW said...

Great list! I also get annoyed when someone talks to me during a movie or makes comments the entire time.

Happy Tuesday!

Sandy M said...

Great list! I totally enjoyed visiting your blog today.

LadyWolf said...

I am with you totally on the tv and movie talking/comments.Drives me absolutely crazy.
I am learning to take my own pillows when I travel,seems like noone has the right amount anyhoos,5-6 last count.Yup I sleep on a mountain. =D
I've done the foot thing a time or 2 too,usually when my big ol fluffball Coke bear isnt at my feet.When he's there,I know its cold.
Have a wonderful day!

Talk..to..Grams said...

I bet you would hate seeing a movie on TV with me! At the movies I am quiet! But watching at home I ask questions the whole way through! Well, I used to but the girls go nuts O on me and say MOM Please don't talk!! JUST watch the movie!!! So I am much better about it then I used to be!!You had a great list!! Love and Hugs Carolyn

Mike said...

I'm with you on the movie quirks! I'll tell you all about it when the movie is over. Why don't people understand that?

Linda said...

Great list. I noticed you had more quirks than traditions. lol I agree about being interrupted during a movie. Now that we have one of those recording receivers, I hit pause or record so I can see the end. I too love "my" pillow. I'm quite quirky about my pillows.

Carole Burant said...

I so enjoyed your list...how wonderful that you make advent calendars for your family!! I can never go to sleep unless I have one foot out of the blankets...I've done that ever since I can remember! lol You wouldn't enjoy watching a movie with my mom...she's horrible at asking "why did he do that" and "why did she go there", etc. lol Drives me NUTS! Love that you celebrate LIFE...we've only got one so we should certainly celebrate it for all it's worth:-) xoxo

Joyce said...

It sounds like your family enjoys lots of special times together. What I don't like is when someone comes in the middle of the movie and starts making fun of it. Not nice. :(

Melli said...

Oh boy... I better never be around while you're trying to watch a movie.... that'd be the END of our friendship right there! LOL!

Yea... I didn't play this week... I have NO superstitions, I've gotten rid of all my traditions, haven't developed new ones yet, and I'm afraid to even contemplate my quirks... seemed best to leave this one alone!

Baba said...

You have a great list that we can relate too... I have to have the covers up to my neck and one foot out to test the temperature...I hate it when the sound on the TV is too low and I can't hear it..then I have to ask what did he say??? I really need a hearing aid.. Talk later, hugs...
Baba

Lynda said...

Love your list. I totally agree wu=ith your movie ones, they're both annoying when they happen.

I think the idea of making advent calendars for the family is wonderful ;0)

Jane said...

You and our son would be perfect pairs for watching movies. He doesn't want any talking either and he wants NO interruptions of any kind!!!
Great list of quirks and traditions.

 
design by suckmylolly.com