Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Seven....hints of spring!


Sunday Seven.....Hints of Spring

1. It's been a hard week for me. Normally Mr. Wonderful and I attack life, work, and worship with great energy and purpose. This past week as been more of a mild stroll than a mad marathon. The flu "hangover" has taken a toll on our energy and motivation. I did get out of the house yesterday and saw some hints of spring, so this is what I'm thankful for this week.


2. Daffodils.....They seem to be popping up every where. There is something very friendly about a daffodil. It's really hard not to smile when I see them waving in the breeze. The yellow color is such a contrast against the bright blue sky. It always reminds me of William Wordsworth poem "Daffodils" especially the last two lines...."and then my heart with pleasure fills, and dances with the daffodils."

3. The crocus is usually the very first flower to stick it's head out of the dirt. It is usually the first bit of color that returns to the earth after a long winter. When the girls were small we would go out to the fields to look for the first crocuses blooming.


4.
Robins.....I've recently seen some really fat robins busy making nests. Some robins can live up to 12 years, according to banding studies. These birds may have built 20 or even 30 nests over their lifetimes! Robins are another sure sign of spring.


5. I'm getting the urge to dig in the dirt and to plant flowers and vegetables in my garden and I am so ready for a spring visit from my Canadian Cuties. Now that Emma is walking I'm sure her Diva will be running after her. Let the race begin!


6. Fresh Strawberries.....growing in the field near our house. Becky and Jerry enjoy picking them as they are so sweet and good. ( Not to mention all the pies, muffins, and short cake).


7. I love the forsythia bushes when they turn their gorgeous yellow . They light up the landscape. They are also one of the first signs of spring that I always look for.



I've decided that I'm going back to work this Monday (ready or not) and ease back into the work. So cue the music, dim the lights and go take a walk around your neighborhood . See what's in bloom, look for all the new baby animals and feel blessed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better Daisy.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I have always LOVED Spring!! Seems like here we have it a lot!! Flowers are always blooming someplace and that is my favorite thing here in the South as you well know!!
I hope that you get your energy back up and soon!! I know how that is!!
I am so much better now!!
I loved your list. I should have posted my thankful list today but busy as Sunday usually is. Waiting for small group need to go..Sandy

Susan said...

When was that pic of you taken at the top? It's a good one. I'm hoping and praying you're on the upswing and will regain your energy soon. I want you to email me cause I'd like to discuss the possibility of bringing a workgroup up there to help out.

Much Love,

Susan

Jane said...

Great list. I love forsythias too! They are just so beautiful.
What a GREAT picture of you girl!!!! Looking good!!
Love ya and don't overdo when you go back to work.

 
design by suckmylolly.com