Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sentimental Sap.....

I confess to being a sentimental sap at times. I can" tear up" with the best of them. I've been known to shed tears over the sappiest TV movies, Hallmark commercials, and yes, even the "reach out and touch some one ads" will have me sniffing into my Kleenex.


Music also has a big influence over me and the latest song that made me cry is Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Cinderella". The song starts out with a little girl asking her Daddy to help her "practice her dancing" as she has been invited to the ball. The refrain goes as follows:

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...


Of course the song continues to follow the girl to right before her prom and finally to her engagement. Being the mother of two Cinderella's that have since left the nest, it is a reminder to me to live in the present and not miss the moments that all to quickly will become memories.

6 comments:

Melli said...

The one that gets ME everytime is "I Loved Her First" by Heartland -- even though it's sung from a Daddy to his daughter's beau... Krysti and I both relate it more to ME! (and her)

The chorus is:

But I loved her first and I held her first
And a place in my heart will always be hers
From the first breath she breathed
When she first smiled at me
I knew the love of a father runs deep
And I prayed that she'd find you someday
But it still hard to give her away
I loved her first

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yes I have heard that one from Melli but not your Cinderella song..YET!! I will cry too. Those kinds always hit too close to home and to my heart too. Hope your day is going great. it was my day off and i am really happy today
Sandy

Jane said...

That is so precious. I'm the same way!!!
Yeah, I remember all that decorating you did before while I was gone...the difference this time is that my hubby will be here while I'm gone SOOOO I don't think you can get away with much!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to have Ethan find that song for me -- I haven't heard it. I don't have a Cinderella, but I have a Prince that will be leaving the nest soon. I'm trying to make every moment count!

craziequeen said...

Just started watching my favourite film of all time (Across the Universe), with my favourite covers of the old Beatles' numbers - the best being 'I Want to Hold Your Hand' by TV Carpio.....

The song guaranteed to make me cry is Queen's 'The Show Must Go On', because the Show died the day Freddie was stolen from us......

cq

Laura Paxton said...

I love the Cinderella song...makes me cry every time I hear it...I have 4 princesses...and the oldest is moving into high school next year. :::sniff::: Time flies...

 
design by suckmylolly.com