Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Furniture Arrived

We got our furniture delivered yesterday despite the snow. The entertainment center had to be put together. So Mr. Wonderful spent a good portion of the day assembling it (with his very able assistant, me!) I like that we can close off the TV and other equipment from view and it will definitely be a help when our almost toddler comes to visit her Poppa and Diva.


The entertainment center is an antique black finish which goes well with our other darker pieces. Our daughter Suzy looked around our house one year and said, "Your style is definitely country." I laughed and laughed as I never knew I had style!



The couch coverts into a double bed. Our Nest is small and we really needed this added feature when all the chicks come home. It's called a "Click, Clack" and converts to a bed in just one click.



It's a light brown color so goes well with the Burgundy recliners and black entertainment center. Of course I've added colorful throw pillows and a soft solid color throw blanket for snuggling up on the couch on cold winter nights to watch a movie together.




We call our home "the Nest" thought you might get enjoy a close up of one of the pillows.

It was really a busy day getting the furniture together. Mr. Wonderful had other home projects such as insulating the basement as the temperatures are really supposed to drop tomorrow night.


We had our "date night" tonight too.....dinner out while we ran all our tasks in town. Since we live in the country we usually try to get all our running around grouped to save on gas. We're both really tired tonight but I am glad to finally get the living room together.




Not everyone had a great day....Dad lost one of his new gloves, we got to the UPS store after they had already closed (sorry Beeks!) and tools kept disappearing in the debris of boxes and parts. Good thing this man really loves me or I could be in serious trouble. (Click picture to enlarge to get full impact of look of frustration!)





12 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

It's all so pretty!!
xo
LBC

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yeah new furniture!! I know you are both delighted with this!! I am very very happy for you!! What good men we both have. off to bed now. Sandy

Jennifer said...

I love it! Now when I come to visit I'll have a couch to sleep on!! The armoire is gorgeous...it looks like something I'd pick!
Mr. Wonderful's face in that last picture cracks me up. I thought it was a smile at first but upon clicking to bigify I decided that that particular expression was more along the lines of "disgruntled"! Tell him that I want a do-over with a sunny smile! :)

Gattina said...

The work was it worthwhile, it looks really good ! We too have our TV inside a furniture I don't like to look at a black screen when we have guests and a click clack I bought too it is soooo pratical ! A great invention.

I also wanted to tell you that today I have a very special little video on my blog. It is absolutely hilarious and shows the demolition of several houses in Brussels. It happened last week. They did it so good, that the neighbor found himself with a toilet without wall.
I found it on a Belgian blog;

Baba said...

Wow... I love ..love .. your new furniture.You and Mr. Wonderful must have had a lot of patience to put the TV center together...Your room looks very warm and cozy..Have a great day.
Hugs, Baba

Unknown said...

Great choice on the entertainment center, ma. It gets my stamp of approval. Miss you.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE that armoire! I'd like to have one in my master bedroom, maybe someday!!
Looks like you accomplished alot in one day.

Melli said...

YAY! YAY! Hip hip HOOORAAAAY! It's HERE! And it's GREAT! Oh, I know you are BOTH sO happy to have it! Even that poor ol' frustrated sweetheart! He IS a good boy! It's HARD to break in a new pair of gloves!!! I understand Charlie!!!

YellowRose said...

It was worth the wait!! Love the armoire, very nice!! Getting new things is so much fun!!! So happy for you!!

Jane said...

Love the entertainment center....very classy looking. I am sure you will enjoy all the new stuff. I love getting new furniture!!
The expression on Mr. Wonderful's face is PRICELESS!!!!!
Love ya!

Susan said...

I love the new furniture, Daisy! Doesn't it feel good? My cat keeps scratching mine and I know it's going to make me want new very soon. Yes, your Man is so good! Glad you all got away for a while too.

Hugs, my Friend!

:-) Susan

mompoet said...

Nice choices and good work, Daisy and Mr. Wonderful. You will get so much enjoyment from your new furnishings that your busy weekend of errands and assembly will seem worth it all in no time.
mp

 
design by suckmylolly.com