
The weather is perfect today to plant our vegetable garden. We have been so busy during the summer that we have not tried to plant a vegetable garden in the three years that we have been here. We usually are gone several weeks in the summer with no one to tend the garden so have not even tried to plant vegetables.
In the past, we would ask our kids to water the garden for us only to find everything dead when we returned ( as they forgot to water till the night before we returned.) Mr. Wonderful made me some lovely raised beds in our former home so I do miss those.
We had a farmer neighbor come plow our designated patch and we have spent the last few days roto tilling the ground to remove the grass. It has been very hard work just to prepare the soil so we can plant. This afternoon we are getting the plants to put in and will stake the garden. Got to go get the plants.....more later!
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Planting a vegetable garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I'm not much of a gardner, but have planted two tomatoe plants, some watermelon seed, cucumber and white fluted pan squash, oh and a bell pepper. And I planted seeds I saved from last fall's fairytale pumpkin. They all came up and are groing wild now... we may need a lot of new pumpkin recipes.
Good luck with the garden. I planted some hostas today myself, they grow well in my shady yard.
Are you planning on staying in the daisy patch all summer?
Having a vegetable garden is a very healthy idea. You are assured that their free of pesticides.
Hope to see pictures of them in the next few weeks.
We are gone most of the summer--I plant silk and plastic flowers at our condo.
Oh, good luck with your garden. I want to get mine started this week as well. We aren't to plant before Memorial day here in Colorado cuz of the chance of snow/frost!! (I have seen it snow as late as May 22!!)
Stopping by via Michele this afternoon to say Hello!!!
Oh I hope your garden grows BEAUTIFULLY this year...It is so fantastic to be able to eat veggies from your very own garden...I don't have any good flat place to plant a Vegetable Garden..Wish I did...but I sure will keep good thoughts for yours.
Here from Michele today...and always enjoy stopping by to see you.
Best of luck on your garden. Deer love salad... That's why we don't have a garden.
LBC
What are you planting? So far all we have out is tomato plants...I hope they all live, as we've had rabbits lurking lately!!
Post a Comment