Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday Feast ....134


Appetizer
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?
I'm a night owl. I worked the night shift for over 25 years so I go to bed any time between 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. I like the quietness of the house and the time to decompress and reflect over the day.


Soup
When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?
I'm sure I give way more but I try not to give any advice unless I'm asked. One of my favorite cards says, "Are we getting wiser? or is every one else just stupider? There should be some advantages for having had lots of life experience!

Salad
Describe a memorable meal you've had.
I'm with Melli on this one. It's not so much what I ate but who I was with at the moment. Any meal with the whole family home is a rare occasion and even peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches become a celebration. Our Lovely Laughing Ladies Luncheon was an event as we were able to connect 5 bloggers together at one time. I doubt any of us remember the food....but we will never forget the event!

Main Course
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.
The Red Tent gave me a clearer look at the life style of women in Biblical days. It had so many delicious details that the Bible doesn't include. It reminds me of what the Bible would have been like if women wrote it.

Dessert
What is your favorite type of fruit juice?
I like apple anything.....so of course I like apple juice best.

11 comments:

Melli said...

And you give such GOOOOOOOD advice, when a body will just pay attention and listen! ;)

I do believe I'm going to have to put my hands on a copy of The Red Tent! This sounds verrrrrry good!

*CHEERS* ... to the Lovely Laughing Ladies Luncheon!

Anonymous said...

Great feast! Your salad sounds so memorable and fun. Wish I was there to join you. I know it would be a pleasure having lunch with you, Melli and Sandy. :)

Thnaks for stopping by.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Daisy. I agree, it's so much easier to remember the special people who you shared your meal with than the actual food itself. How true, that the simplest food can appear like a feast when you're dining with people close to your heart.

Thanks for stopping by.

Baba said...

Hi daisy,
I didn't know that you worked the night shift 25 years; right behind mine of 28 years.Yes!!! we are Special people. Baba

Crazy Working Mom said...

Daisy, I had a hard time choosing my dessert today as well! There are lots of different juices I like, most of them depending on weather, and what I'm enjoying with it!

Great Feast. Thanks for dropping by.

Jennifer said...

I'm a "night owl" myself...I have such a hard time going to bed early!!
One of my most memorable meals is still the lunch we had at the Lady & Sons...it is at least in my top five!! It was wonderful!! :)

Jane said...

Delicious meal my dear! I am going to need a nap now.
Thanks for coming by for a nibble at my table. You have a place at my table any time!

Unknown said...

Aw, yes, the luncheon. What did we have to eat?

Have a great day.

Raggedy said...

The luncheon sounds fabulous.
I will have to check out the book it sounds interesting. Thanks.
Great Feast!
Have a wonderful day!
TGIF
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

A very great feast. From appetizer down to your dessert, I was really filled and satisfied. I should say, a great feast served by a great lady is just spells contentment.
Mine is up too.

Unknown said...

I just loved this feast Daisy, every answer.

I read the Red Tent too, I came away with the same feeling.

 
design by suckmylolly.com