This door is part of a 147 year old church in Lexington, Virginia. Mr. Wonderful's dad was the pastor here from 1956 to 1976. Last weekend my Mr. Wonderful preached in this same church.
Doors can be intimidatings and serve as a barrier to keep people out. I think this door is inviting to welcome people in.
25 comments:
Nice sentimental door, Lazy Daisy!! happy saturday :)
Hm! Same colors as the church door I posted today! Imagine that! LOL! Your door has a great memory to go along with it though....
great idea!
Thanks for visiting!
It's a beautiful door! Take care. Dani
A door with real meaning.
I like red doors...especially this one!
Is the rest of the church in as great condition as the door? It looks very well looked after :)
Thanks for visiting my photo!
Very cool door. That is an very unique door to the church. Thank you for sharing :)
A welcoming door indeed! Great story to go with the photo.
My photo is up.
How kool is that ~ he got to go back and preach at his Dad's church! Thanks for sharing the story behind the door.
ICL
Thanks for visiting mh blog. I know it loads funny for some people. I dunno what I did to it. I have a really good friend who said she would help me out and fix it.
I've had so much fun looking at all of the doors that you all have done! This photo thing looks like a lot of fun ---
lovely doors! it's funny how we don't want to post our own but rather somewhere where we have gone. mines up.
Another door with a story. Makes them more special!
Mine is finally up, as I finally rolled out of bed! Went to see the movie "Lake House" last night.
It was really good.
Plus I was dressing someone! LOL!
Have a wonderful Saturday GF!
{{Hugs}}
I am so sad that I did not have a door to post today. All I could think of was to take a picture of the one I use here to measure the kids growth...but with all the pretty ones out there it just did not seem to go very well. I love yours though..GREAT idea...Hope all is well there. Almost time for church here...
Very nice sentimental door...I love that Mr. Wonderful preached in the church he grew up in!
Happy Saturday!
I love it, Red Doors are always so vibrant and inviting to me. Great pic, I played too. stacie
Oh I love the door. It looks so warm and homey looking! and what a great memory and milemark to have father and son preaching in the same church. That is so awesome!!!
Happy Saturday!
Lexington is about an hour from my home town of Stauton. I'm pretty sure I know that church!
What a lovely red door and story to go along with it!
I LOVE Lexington! Been gone for two years now, really makes me miss it! Thanks for bringing back a whole host of memories.
That is a beautiful door, the red looks nice against the brick background.
I hope you and Mr. Wonderful had a wonderful anniversary.
Such a meaningful door - precious memories behind it I am sure!
My door picture is up now too!
Great color. How inviting it looks.
Happy Wedding Anniversary!
You are invited to a party :)
Post a Comment